lost handling stability all of a sudden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost handling stability all of a sudden

some of you know that i recently finished installing ES front swaybar endlinks. for about 2-3 weeks, i have never handled better. but then all of a sudden i just lost a whole lot of handling stability. the car feels like a boat around turns now, and on the highway i feel like im floating. could it be my front shocks have blown?

See if anything came loose or popped out.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      See if anything came loose or popped out.

as far as i know, the ES bushings are still intact. i will go back under and look at anything and everything else though

Comment

i would do a visual check, make sure everything is bolted up nicely and nothing is loose, make sure coils are all fine, and press down on the car and see if it makes any strange noises, and make sure it doesnt bounce, check tire pressure.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

well guess what i found after taking off the drivers wheel?

ripped cv boot and grease all over the place! yay! looks like im going to be replacing the axles pretty soon. also, with the wheel on, i gave it a jiggle from the 3+9 o'clock positions and there is definitely some play there, along with the rack and pinion boot moving in and out. so that's probably in the near future too

Comment

you probably put too much stress on the old ball joints and they just gave out on you.

Comment

Originally posted by RENR
              you probably put too much stress on the old ball joints and they just gave out on you.

the LBJ's? i'll have it looked at when i get my axles done

Comment

axles are being put in today by 3pm. $180 for axles+labor, because i don't have the time to run into any problems doing it myself. decent price, if you ask me

Comment

I would do a or have a full front-end suspension check done, this is not a game. You can lose control if something critical breaks (meaning ANY joints).

Do it soon, do not procrastinate or let others drive it until you do.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                    I would do a or have a full front-end suspension check done, this is not a game. You can lose control if something critical breaks (meaning ANY joints).

Do it soon, do not procrastinate or let others drive it until you do.

when the axles are done, i may take it in for an alignment and then ask them to check the front-end suspension. what should i look out for?

Comment

i think the axles were the bulk of the culprit. the car is handling fine now, but it isn't up to par as it was when i had just put the ES bushings on. next up is an alignment

Comment

Working...
                      X