spring dilemma... =p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
    hmm... i'll give that a try and go from there then what kinda shocks you think will handle the ride height well? i'm looking at some Tokico blues....
    ???...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

???...
      did you just quote yourself?

edit: oh lol, nevermind...im on GR2's. they are pretty good but dont offer as much performance as the AGX's.

remember to replace the top strut bushings, they are only a dollar each!
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

???.... you talking about the round rubber piece that sits between the spring and the top strut mount?

My Ride thread
        Flickr
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

AGX is a good shock but they are drop killers. I would go for the tokico illuminas. The white ones basically.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

???.... you talking about the round rubber piece that sits between the spring and the top strut mount?
            i think that is called the spring isolater...this one is the upper strut bushing. they sandwich the tophat.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              AGX is a good shock but they are drop killers. I would go for the tokico illuminas. The white ones basically.
              what exactly do you mean by "drop killers"?....

My Ride thread
              Flickr

Comment

what it means it doesnt give you the drop the springs are numbered at.

Comment

so the car'd sit higher or lower?...

My Ride thread
                  Flickr

Comment

it would sit higher than the springs are supposed to give you.

EX: if your supposed to get a 2" drop from your springs, those struts would give you a 1 3/4"- 1 1/2" drop. it would raise the hieght of the drop.

make sence?

Comment

yea, sure does, now that i know that, i'll go ahead and get those since i'm looking for lil higher ride height

My Ride thread
                      Flickr

Comment

Yea look at MXCX car. His car is riding on AGX and tein H techs or whatever. Drop is 2" in front and 1.75" in back as I recall. Shit sits higher than my 2.25" on stock struts lol. Oh yea my drop technically isnt 2.25" anymore with wear and tear over 3 years.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Wait, nail, what do yo umean they are drop killers? I mean AGX's, I was looking at getting those and dropping about 1.5-2" in the front and 1" in the rear, going for the raked look...but if AGX's won't work...what'd ya mean?

Edit: Sheesh im a dumbass...i should read the rest of the thread before asking questions...gotcha!

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

hmm... i'll give that a try and go from there then what kinda shocks you think will handle the ride height well? i'm looking at some Tokico blues....
                            The Koni Yellows are height adjustable and work well with the Skunk2 springs. The spring rate is supposedly in the 500+ area (i've been told 560) and the Koni Yellows do a pretty good job of helping your car sit where you want it plus increase your ride quality over the AGXs. The H&R springs that were mentioned are a good combo with the AGX springs. Ride quality is good and drop is decent. End result is usually an even drop though is sometimes not the case since AGX shocks are for some reason reknown on our cars for making the car sit higher in front than in back instead of the raked look or "even" look some of us are seeking.
                            With the Skunk's on my car I have adjusted the height to where I have a 2 finger gap all the way around and there is no fear of breaking a downpipe or header.
                            "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

hmm... do you mind posting some pix i'd really appreciate it

My Ride thread
                              Flickr

Comment

also, what considered "better"? the koni yellows or the koni reds?

My Ride thread
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X