spring dilemma... =p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spring dilemma... =p

ok, so i've been riding on Skunk2 lowering springs and KYB GR-2s for a WHILE now and i'm just starting to have a conflict....the car's TOO low ..... at first it was cool, but now settled it's CRAZY low in the front How did i realize this? i bought a header no more than a couple months ago and guess what..... it BROKE. the bracket that bolts on to the block broke right of the header itself from all the bumpage lol

i was actually looking into some of these now:
    Tein H. Tech
    Eibach Pro-kit
    Neuspeed Sport
    H&R sport

can i get some detailed feedback on these? specially the Tein H. Tech. i saw some decent info on the rest of them, but unfortunately, i flipped through the WHOLE "what setup are you running" thread and only found 1 person with 'em and he doesn't have a MR thread....

ps. pix would be R E A L L Y appreciated

Thnx!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

pictars of so called drop? What was the skunk2 spring rated at for a drop?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

SUPPOSEDLY 2.00 - 1.80", but apparently, my two front tires kinda tuck in the front(can't fit a finger between wheel/fender) and the back has about .75-1" gap....

My Ride thread
      Flickr
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

i like the sport drops cause they allow the car to fully be utilized and driven hard with little regard for touching ground./

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

but unfortunately, i found that statement true the hard way,

My Ride thread
          Flickr

Comment

here's h&r sport, nice and comfy ride.

f 1.75 r1.5

Comment

hmm... i'm liking that by the looks of it i'm guessing no clearance problems right? what shocks were you using? and uncut bump stops or no? and is that settled or just installed?

thnx

My Ride thread
              Flickr

Comment

really it dropped that low? Unless you blew the shock or install wrong. Mine 2.25 and on stock shock its not too low IMO. Click my sig to go to MR thread.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well... my shocks are blown... but would it make THAT much of a difference...

i still wanna get it up a lil higher for a more lil comfy ride...

My Ride thread
                  Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                    well... my shocks are blown... but would it make THAT much of a difference...

i still wanna get it up a lil higher for a more lil comfy ride...
                    Theres your problem. Buy new ones and it will fix the ride height issue.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hmm... i'll give that a try and go from there then what kinda shocks you think will handle the ride height well? i'm looking at some Tokico blues....

My Ride thread
                      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                        Theres your problem. Buy new ones and it will fix the ride height issue.
                        exactamundo...im dropped 2.5" all around and i dont scrape anywhere (on a flatbed i do )even with a transmission in my trunk.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

on certain speed bumps i scrape the SHIT out my header, till it came to a breaking point....

My Ride thread
                          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                            hmm... i'm liking that by the looks of it i'm guessing no clearance problems right? what shocks were you using? and uncut bump stops or no? and is that settled or just installed?

thnx
                            yeah no clearence problems. The drop was on oem shocks and no cut bump stops. yes they were settled

Comment

hmm... if the ride height doesn't go up as desired, you bet i'll be getting a hold of those H&Rs thnx

My Ride thread
                              Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X