omni coilovers vs tein basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omni coilovers vs tein basics

hmm im guessing omni coilovers ftw but have been thinking about getting some tein basics....

will the tein basics even get lower than the agx/sportline setup????

believe so, according to the tein website

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

ive been having the same debate....it sux huh

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Omni > Tein Basics. If you dont plan on doing much performance driving stay with the basics. Otherwise get the omnis. I like the spring rates they have on there setups.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

tein basics are good if you don't plan to autocross a lot...also very easy to adjust lol
          Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
          Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64
            tein basics are good if you don't plan to autocross a lot...also very easy to adjust lol
            so omni's are good for autocross ??

Comment

OMnis are track proven and tested thats why there spring rates are crazy. Such as ther 12k/10k (strip) setup. Not ideal for DD but its nice to have on the twisties. Barely to no body roll at all.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

DD with a good suspension setup = Tein Basics

Autocross or car with stiff suspension with handling in mind = Omni

Comment

I would def. go w/ Omni's whether it's a DD or a track car, the Teins are good quality, but 6/5K is pretty conservative. I've riden in a CB w/ Basics and it felt just like stock

Comment

Yea the Tein Basics have ridiculously soft spring rates. The Omnis seem a bit much though. I wish there were a kit with 8k/6k springs

But yea Omni FTW

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

MIght wanna check omni streets. Its like 10k in front and 8k in the back as I recall.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I don't like the idea of not being able to adjust dampening.

If you go with Teins, make sure to wrap the coils in something to protect them from the elements.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                          MIght wanna check omni streets. Its like 10k in front and 8k in the back as I recall.
                          That's way too stiff for the street, esp w/o adjustible dampening...

I rode in a CB once w/Omni Streets, and when we hit a bump I was literally thrown up and out of my seat

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

This is completely from memory but I think Omni Accord Streets are 10/8K and Sports are 12/10K. The sports would be alittle stiff for a DD but doable and the streets would be fine IMO. I roll on 11/7K D2's and I absolutely love the stiffness they offer.

Also I thing I absolutely dislike about the Tein Basics and SS's are the fact that the springs are not preloaded (just like a sleeve c/o) while the Omni's springs are preloaded. My D2's have seperate preload and height adjustment, and I'm glad about that

Heck, right now I'm increasing the preload on my rear springs b/c I the springs did settle slightly and I wanted to make the spring alittle stiffer

I hope that helps afew people; I'm not an expert but I did do the research before I made my purchase

Comment

I would go with the Tein Basics with the Suspension Techniques Sway Bar kit...
                              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                              X