Neuspeed sports...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neuspeed sports...

Hi everyone, I thought that all 90-97 springs would be compatable with one another, for example, on my 92, I'd be able to use 94-95 or 96-97 neuspeed sport springs. But I checked the neuspeed website and the 90-93 part number is 55.20.11, and so is the part # for 96-97 springs. However, the 94-95 sport springs part # is 55.20.12. Does anyone know why this is? Are they still useable on my car, and is this only because of possibly a different spring rate? Any help would be great, because Im trying to buy some locally but i want to make sure first. Thanks everyone.
    -Vince.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

For some reason, the 94-95 had a slightly taller spring.

You can use it, but it will not lower your car as much.

That is straight from the mouth of Neuspeed by the way.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Perfect, thank you very much owequitit!

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63
        Perfect, thank you very much owequitit!

No problem

Comment

I have the 94-95 springs in my 92 and they work just fine, didnt even realize it i just went out and looked at the box! oh well like i said they work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by psyclist
            I have the 94-95 springs in my 92 and they work just fine, didnt even realize it i just went out and looked at the box! oh well like i said they work fine.

They do work fine, but the drop is slightly less.

Comment

I have been on the phone with neuspeed off and on all day, trying to figure out why they sent me the wrong springs, and what i have been told by the guy in tech support is that the 94-95 springs are in fact 10-12mm SHORTER...and this is why i am having an issue with ride height right now. Call neuspeed up and ask them. Spring rates are identical, but you must realize that you will need an adjustable shock in order to compensate for the 10-12mm lost. i have mine on the second lowest perch on my koni supercup yellows and the tires are tucked in the front, so i will be bringing them up 2 notches to compensate. goodluck!

Comment

If I had known that I would have ordered 94-95 springs when I ordered my supercup kit. I love being low. Psyclist, what size tire and wheel are you running? I was trying to figure out how low my super cup kit will be on my Accord.

Member's Ride

Comment

Originally posted by psyclist
                  I have been on the phone with neuspeed off and on all day, trying to figure out why they sent me the wrong springs, and what i have been told by the guy in tech support is that the 94-95 springs are in fact 10-12mm SHORTER...and this is why i am having an issue with ride height right now. Call neuspeed up and ask them. Spring rates are identical, but you must realize that you will need an adjustable shock in order to compensate for the 10-12mm lost. i have mine on the second lowest perch on my koni supercup yellows and the tires are tucked in the front, so i will be bringing them up 2 notches to compensate. goodluck!
                  Interesting, because that isn't what they told me...

LOL! One of the complaints about Neuspeed though.

My friend had a hell of a time dealing with them when he got two springs that were a different color.

Couldn't get the same answer twice.

Comment

Working...
                  X