Problem Semi-Fixed !!Help Please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Semi-Fixed !!Help Please!!

Ok well I was having problems with my brake calipers grinding the brake rotor, I put washers inbetween the mounting bracket and the caliper to space it out.This actualy fixed my problem, the caliper no longer scratches the rotor.

Since the caliper was spaced out it sits out further towards the rim, now if I dont space out my rims Im going to screw up my rims.So my question is this.

What can I use to space out the rim just a tiny bit?Can I just use washers like on the caliper.It only needs to be spaced out just brlaey.Thanks for your help!!!

Where you doing a conversion or something, because the calipers shouldn't have to be spaced out, especially if you did everything correctly? If your running stock calipers or rotors something is definately not right. Give more info on your setup...There are wheel spacer plates you can buy, I dunno if they make them small enough. I would strongly discourage putting washers on your wheel. Thats just begging for a wheel off event...

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

seriously dude, assuming your using even semi stock parts, i dont think you want to be "spacing" anything.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I am using 89 Prelude calipers, just this afternoon I went to lowes to get the washers and put them on.The calipers have even space between the rotor and the mounting bracket.I then put them between the wheels, and then I drove it and it seemed to be fie.What else could I do besides getting new calipers? I will mostllikely get calipers this summer anyways.

Comment

i dont know if i would trust Lowes racing brakes....those are pretty important

why not just buy accord calipers?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Yeah, everything stoping you form hitting a wall at 70 mph is now completly in your hands.

Get the right parts, or at least parts that fit from the factory.
            Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Working...
            X