Brakes,,,,,,Again!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakes,,,,,,Again!!!!

Alright well today I got lifted my car up to lower my coilovers and I looked at the numbers on the caliper and they were like this.

R
    17CL14YN

7Y6(sideways)

NISSIN
    AT 2

so what are you asking
    Members Ride

Comment

Is there a way to identify if these are Accord calipers or lude calipers wich is what I was told they were off of???

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
        Is there a way to identify if these are Accord calipers or lude calipers wich is what I was told they were off of???
        uh....buy both pads?? (humor)
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
          uh....buy both pads?? (humor)
          id suggest doing that and just return the set or both.

these are off a 91 accord coupe, not sure if the numbers mean anything

this is off my car, 90 accord ex sedan
          Last edited by wed3k; 04-28-2007, 03:12 AM.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

OK then I will propably do that, but the lude calipers will work, they look realy tight on there.Heres the story.

I got the car with Lude spindels and Im guessing calipers, now the cvshaft wouldnt fit in the spindel(to small).Went to the junkyard and got some spindels off a CB7 not even sure what year or trim.

I started the car on jack stands with no tires and put it in drive and the pads were so close to the rotor that when it spun it started smoking.

My guess is sense the spindels and rotors were just sitting in the sun all day for a long time that they just started to rust, so what do you say get some new rotors and pads or get CB calipers first...

Comment

and you pressed the caliper pistons all the way back right?
              lube everything well?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Well Im not sure, my brother did it while I was at military school, today I fixed my alignment and tried going it went but was hard, I got on the gas and It didnt realy move untill I got the motor up to 3500RPM.I got out and noticed the pads were cutting into the rotor.Will the prelude calipers work?I need to know If I just need new rotors and pads or calipers.Thanks alot.

Comment

Working...
                X