No announcement yet.

Megan racing rear suspension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megan Racing is still technically a knockoff brand, but their stuff is quality. I'd take a Megan header over a DC Sports header anyday! Supposedly the same design, and the quality is there... so why pay extra for the DC name?

As for the suspension, I've never heard anything bad about it... One of the members here (well, former members, I suppose... hasn't had his CB7 in a while) has a friend that's a distributor for Megan Racing.

Comment

i dont think Megan racing is low quality. all companys have to start somewhere, i just think people conclude that since they are relatively new compared to say DC of something that they must have low quality parts which i dont think is the case IMO i was interested in these a little while back but found other outlets for my monies lol

-sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Well, much of their products are clear copies of other, more expensive brands. OBX is famous for doing this.

When you copy someone else's design and sell at a lower price, often the reason you are able to sell at the lower price is because the build quality or materials aren't quite as good. Again, OBX is a perfect example of this... their stuff just isn't as sturdy as the companies they copy. Their LSD is supposed to be VERY sloppy in terms of metal quality and machining compared to the Quaife unit that they copied.

However, every Megan Racing product that I've seen personally has always seemed quite good. I've heard about fitment issues with their headers a while back, but that was also when they were fairly new... lately, they really seem to be stepping it up.

Plus, their full coilover system is supposedly outstanding! I forget what it's supposed to be a copy of, but from what I've heard and read, it's very well made.

For a "knockoff" company, Megan does it right, IMO. They have lower prices on most things, but they don't seem to offer inferior craftsmanship or materials. How they do it, I don't know... perhaps the things they copy really are just that overpriced!

I'm not sure if they have any products that aren't copies... I wouldn't doubt that they do by now, as they are growing to be a much more mature company that the "ebay seller" that they started out as. They're making a name for themselves. I would expect some good stuff to come from them.

Comment

Working...
        X