Eibach and what struts>?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eibach and what struts>?

I have Eibach springs with KYB AGX adj. and think i blew the back struts Caue when i hit bumps it sounds bad in the rear. My car is not super low bud i want to know is there a better strut out there that wont blow so easy? I hate to wast money over and over

does your car bounce up and down forever?!?!

What does it sound like???

Are they leaking ??

Sometimes when they blow you can find a leak??

Well if they are, id go with either Bilstein Or Konis!!!

Comment

i've never heard a bad thing about koni yellows. deev loves his

-sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

I absolutely love my koni yellows, had them on my prelude and just put a new set on my cb7 that I just picked up. Definitely worth the money!!!
        Max

Comment

I would look at your lower rear strut mount bushing. They tend to sound pretty bad when they are going out. Should be a nice banging sound. If you have a blown shock you rear end should feel somewhat unstable on a bumpy road. Check to see if the shock is leaking on its self. I'm willing to put money on the rear bushing.

Comment

Originally posted by godsider
            I have Eibach springs with KYB AGX adj. and think i blew the back struts Caue when i hit bumps it sounds bad in the rear. My car is not super low bud i want to know is there a better strut out there that wont blow so easy? I hate to wast money over and over

I got eibach pro-kit springs and kyb agx shocks. When I hit reasonably large bumps at 25+ mph, I get a pretty hard clunk coming from the back left. Sounds pretty similar to the situation you're describing.

I can't speak for you, but I know my shocks aren't blown. I asked this question earlier and most people told me to check alignment and bushings related to the rear suspension. I haven't looked into yet though, my car's been down for a while.

Good luck with it, if I get the problem solved before you get a solution, I'll definitely tell you what's up. Don't give up on your shocks though. Take 'em off and inspect them to see if they really are blown before buying new ones.

Comment

Working...
            X