Helllllllllp!!!!Front lug stuck;spinning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helllllllllp!!!!Front lug stuck;spinning

So I'm jacking up the car for the swap. Move to the passenger front and start taking off the lugs. Get to the last one and the whole stud and lug are turning . So I realize that the stud is obviously broke off from the hub and I can't get the lug off because it is not fixed to the hub. So the problem is now what to do. I remember when I did my civic swap that I could have left the axles on when I pulled the engine out. So what am thinking is to take the axle nut off and when I pull the engine out the axle with the broken stud should come off. I need advice pleeez.

id suggest having someone press on the wheel towards you while you are trying to unboolt the lug nut.

just put pressure on the lugnut from the wheel...or you can do the above with an impact wrench.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I tried something similiar initially. I was able to wedge a piece of metal in between the wheel and lug hoping that the metal would stop the lug from moving, however it did not.

Comment

time to break out the chisel/nut spiltter
        I <3 G60.

Comment

when that happened to me, i had to break off the entire wheel stud. I heated it with a torch and took a chisel and hammer to break it off

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Yeah 91 I thought about that initially. I figured if I just break off the stud it would be fine. I may in up taking off the whole knuckle, but in the meantime I am continuing with the swap. When I am finished I will post of pics of the entire swap. Taking my time.

Comment

BTW, where do I get a nut splitter from?I really don't care about the hubs anyway since I am doing the rotor-hub conversion. It looks like a pain to get those things off, oh well.

Comment

auto zone has them
                I <3 G60.

Comment

They sell this stuff to freeze the bolt and then take a chisel and hammer to it. I can't remember the name. I just used some recently and it worked wonders.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                  JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                  X