Sway bar bushings??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sway bar bushings??

Greetings, just replaced my swaybar end-links....here are the before and after pics. My question is, how tight are you supposed to squeeze the bushings together- I can't find any info on this in any of my manuals.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by arctichonda; 01-19-2007, 01:26 AM.

i think they say 14-25 ft lb of torque...but i just do it till its snugg...like all points touching but not squished...

when you put it on the ground then it may need to be re-torqued...

u should notice a nice difference.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Cool, thanks for the reply. Where did you find those torque specs, I can't find them anywhere?

Comment

I haven't seen torque specs either, but like he said, touching not squished. I got overzealous and torqued mine really tight. Now they are like pancakes and they won't uncompress. So they're like a soggy biscuit...if thats an accurate analogy .

Here's a few pdf's about honda front suspension.

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m.../400/12-22.pdf

This page shows the front suspension's torque spec's, for sway bar links, 13 Nm, or 9 ft-lb.
        http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m.../400/12-15.pdf

Hope that helps you.

BTW, your name is arctichonda, where are you from?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i think my instructions from energy suspension said it, but yea i didnt read it, mine are pancakes as well lol!!
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yeah this makes a world of a difference, for the longest time i was driving around with the rubber bushing completely deteriorated and it made a clanking noise constantly, once i fixed them i got a more responsive chassis feel restored in my car. right now my rear ones are doing good but man, your's were completely shot too

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

You guys rock...thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
              X