No announcement yet.

all you guys on a 3' drop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm on ebay coil overs and i'm about 3.25 inches dropped all the way around, i mostly scrape my front lip on severe inclines (OEM 5th gen lip) that we can't take an angle from, the exhaust is the only concern on speed bumps for me. other than that its fine for me, and I also live in NH where the roads are horrible!

Comment

I'm on a 2'' drop now, I only installed lowering springs and I've noticed that my car is a bit bumpier than stock. Will changing my stock shocks to some good aftermarket shocks make my ride more comfortable? Any recommendations?

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

scraping isn't a problem...once you get used to knowing that your car is dropped. The first few days after I lowered mine I would forget that I lowered it and bottom out on inclines at parking lot entrances, but once you get used to it you are a lot more careful, then before you know it your being cautious without even noticing it.

Comment

im at 4 or so i scrape but its mostly the exhaust... not an issue in my eyes... i get exhaust for free from the shop i worked at for a while

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

you safe with a 3 inch drop if you dont live in united states capitol of potholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
              I have the same setup and its fucking bouncy as hell. or something idk.

I like the look and wanna be lower though

3.0F 3.25 F

i have the same setup too, i feel like im on a rollercoaster....

edit: dont ride stock shocks, thats retarded it handles horribly
              ]

Comment

I'd say I'm down about 4" right now.

Only scrape on crosswalks and parking lot lines

j/k I really only scrape my mudflaps on speedbumps, and thats it.

Comment

on the 6th generation, im lowered on weapon-r coilovers matched with kyb gr2 struts. The weapon-r's aren't true coilovers, since you need different struts, but are nice because the ride height is adjustable. Im lowered all around about 3"s. I never really bottom out, but sometimes my 17's rub on my inner fender, cause i don't have a camber correction kit.

I think the best drop i've had is the drop i had on the cb7, which was neuspeed sports, with kyb agx struts. Sprint extremes will def. lower your car quite a bit tho
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                    edit: dont ride stock shocks, thats retarded it handles horribly
                    guess im the only one with good luck w/ stock shocks. YEAH! SCORE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
                      you safe with a 3 inch drop if you dont live in united states capitol of potholes.

i'm assuming you've never been to/are not familiar with montreal roads. pretty much has the title for worst in north america.

i have personally seen potholes a foot deep.

my friend has actually fallen INTO a pothole....

Comment

I've got a 3.5" drop (OLD SCHOOL), we cut the springs way back in 97, still on factory struts with no problems, only get that lowrider bounce at high speeds on extremely bumpy roads,other than that ride is fine. And for any Va people up here, theres a shop in VA BEACH that specializes in honda alignments, I have no camber kit, but what he did (custom work) my alignment is same as factory spec. Pm me for info on shop.
                        BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

im only on a 2.2'' drop and i scrap at least 1 or 2 times a week

Comment

okay, so i've got $110 sitting on my desk right now, and a $140+ paycheck coming in on the 7th, and a buddy whos going to help me install the springs.

i'll keep you guys posted when they're installed.

Comment

Working...
                            X