CD5 lower strut bar on a CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD5 lower strut bar on a CB7

Does anyone know if a cd5(94-97) lower dc strut bar will fit on a cb7?

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

i cant honestly say no or yes, but supposedly the CD and CB share very similiar suspension setups. however personal experience has shown me different in some accounts. when i wanted to install a rear strut bar i had heard of some folks getting the ebay rear strut bars, Tenzo R, and possibly a few other low priced rear strut bars=most are very flexy and thus not worth losing money on. i wanted something of high quality, high resistance, and lightweight....namely Cusco on my CB7 coupe. once the Cusco rear strut arrived and i went to put it on, i found out it was about one inch longer than needed.

in other words, i would imagine that you can find a good fit out of the box for a good price, but it will more than likely flex alot and not provide anything for your car but the fact that will be nice to look at. however be prepared to pay top dollar for a high quality item and then it might fit, but probably not and then will cost more money to have modified to fit (unless this is something you, or someone you know can do and do well). and then you will have a super custom item on your car, and be slightly different than the others.

Comment

ya, i think the cd5 chassis is slighty wider.
      because i know for a fact that a cd5 front upper strut bar does not fit of a cb7. the bar is too long.
      CB7 + H22A4 + M2S4 + JDM P13

www.vancouveraccords.com

Comment

So does anyone know if even putting a rear one on makes a big diff? I got mine off eBay for $15 shipped lol; but before I could really test it out my car got stolen. The front bar made a HUGE difference, though. Even a cheap-ass one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallace
          ya, i think the cd5 chassis is slighty wider.
          because i know for a fact that a cd5 front upper strut bar does not fit of a cb7. the bar is too long.
          some kid on here has cd5 cusco strut bar on his 4th gen!

JDMED

buy my jdm part
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

I just checked dc sports web site an dthe 90-97 rear strut bar(lower) has the same part numbers so i think it will fit.

Comment

Originally posted by 4drcord
              some kid on here has cd5 cusco strut bar on his 4th gen!
              odd, i tried a cd5 strut bar on my car, and it was an inch or two too long.
              CB7 + H22A4 + M2S4 + JDM P13

www.vancouveraccords.com

Comment

hybrid90accord-if you are just looking for something to look good, by all means buy a DC sports, however if you do not want something that will flex under the slightest pressure then do not ever buy DC sports. i would imagine that you could have the Cusco lower strut/tie bar trimmed to fit your car. somewhat pricey, but it will definetely stiffen up your ride rather than the DC sports which has about the same holding strength as a roll of paper towels, sure it will hold itself up but when it comes to trying to hold the car stiffly it will flex and give offering no stability to the car's stance. my reasoning for this-friend owns a CD6 Accord coupe, he installed a DC sports lower tie/strut bar and according to him his car's cornering abilities actually got worse than before due to the flexing and warping of the DC sports bar under pressure. He now has a Tanabe bar there and is soon to replace the Tanabe with Cusco (he has Cusco everywhere else so he wants it to keep it that way).

Wallace-same problem with the Cusco rear upper strut bar, it was about an inch too long to fit, but after i had it trimmed down and rewelded it fits like a glove and still retains the strength and rigidity of Cusco products.

4drcord-i myself have a CD6 rear strut bar made by Cusco installed on my CB7 coupe, but i had to cut about one inch off a side, and weld it back together before it could come to rest in my ride. however i may not be the one you are referring to, and if someone else has done this for either the front or rear strut bar, i would like to know myself.

Comment

My friends selling his CD5 and has a dc rear lower and is giving it to me so i just wanted to make sure it would fit, ANy normal circumstance i wouldn't buy it to be honest

Comment

cant say anything bad if its free.....hell yeah sweet hook
                    -post back with a consumer report on that DC lower strut bar, let us know how it works...hopefully it's not as bad as the rear lower bar.

but i bet you'll want something stronger after you get used to it

sorry fellin smiley today so i expresses it(see JDM eyes)
                    Last edited by 92coupe; 04-27-2004, 01:56 AM.

Comment

i know for a fact that the lower tie bar from a 94-95 accord will fit because that is what i did. if you are talking about the upper rear strut bar i have no clue.
                      www.rms-usa.com

Comment

if your talking about the rear lower tie bar like in the pic then yes it does fit i have a generic one that was for a 94-97

sorry its kinda durty havent had a chance to clean it
                        cb7 sold
                        2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                        95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 92coupe
                          cant say anything bad if its free.....hell yeah sweet hook
                          -post back with a consumer report on that DC lower strut bar, let us know how it works...hopefully it's not as bad as the rear lower bar.

but i bet you'll want something stronger after you get used to it

sorry fellin smiley today so i expresses it(see JDM eyes)
                          I already have front and rear strut bars, bushing sets, so i doubt i will feel any difference, it more of a cosmetic mod to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 92coupe
                            hybrid90accord-if you are just looking for something to look good, by all means buy a DC sports, however if you do not want something that will flex under the slightest pressure then do not ever buy DC sports. i would imagine that you could have the Cusco lower strut/tie bar trimmed to fit your car. somewhat pricey, but it will definetely stiffen up your ride rather than the DC sports which has about the same holding strength as a roll of paper towels, sure it will hold itself up but when it comes to trying to hold the car stiffly it will flex and give offering no stability to the car's stance. my reasoning for this-friend owns a CD6 Accord coupe, he installed a DC sports lower tie/strut bar and according to him his car's cornering abilities actually got worse than before due to the flexing and warping of the DC sports bar under pressure. He now has a Tanabe bar there and is soon to replace the Tanabe with Cusco (he has Cusco everywhere else so he wants it to keep it that way).

Wallace-same problem with the Cusco rear upper strut bar, it was about an inch too long to fit, but after i had it trimmed down and rewelded it fits like a glove and still retains the strength and rigidity of Cusco products.

4drcord-i myself have a CD6 rear strut bar made by Cusco installed on my CB7 coupe, but i had to cut about one inch off a side, and weld it back together before it could come to rest in my ride. however i may not be the one you are referring to, and if someone else has done this for either the front or rear strut bar, i would like to know myself.
                            i forget who but he has a cusco front upper bar. he has a big audiobahn sticker on his car. thats all i remember.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Well i put on the Dc sport lower tie bar today and it fit perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X