tire wear??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tire wear??

alright guys i have a question.. how long do tires take before they are like.. bald.. i mean i have everything to sucssefully drop my car 2.25" but! i don't have a camber kit.. now no matter what im taking to to get it alligned right after i install everything but what im asking is what about the tire wear?? it would probably be a month or maybe even close to two before i get the camber kit for the front.. i already have the rear setup...
    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

There is no way to answer this question. There are soooo many different variables that effect tire wear, is not even funny. Brand, tread wear, style of driving, road conditions, what kind of roads... the list goes on and on.

Comment

yea i figured.. like easy drivin, city roads, and the average brand tire.. i forgot mine... pretty much overall average..

CG Coupe!

Comment

Are we talking tires on the stock rims or aftermarket rims? Around how much did you pay for them? Later

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
          Are we talking tires on the stock rims or aftermarket rims? Around how much did you pay for them? Later
          aftermarket 17"... i payed 70 a tire... roughly.. i can also slap on my steelies and just roll all four of those for a good while..

CG Coupe!

Comment

like custom said theres so many reasons. treadwear is a factor on the tires that you bought.

Comment

I've been running my tires on a 2 inch drop for about a year and a half without a camber kit or an alignment. I have 16x7's (205/50r16). The fronts have worn so bad on the inside edge the belt is showing, the rears only have slight inside wear. I just got a camber kit and I'm about to get new wheels/tires, then the alignment to fix the toe-in. It's a shame, the rest of the tire looks great but the inside edge has been eaten away badly.

Also note these tires were about $55 a piece, kumho esctas, and I believe they are low mileage tires, like 30k.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                I've been running my tires on a 2 inch drop for about a year and a half without a camber kit or an alignment. I have 16x7's (205/50r16). The fronts have worn so bad on the inside edge the belt is showing, the rears only have slight inside wear. I just got a camber kit and I'm about to get new wheels/tires, then the alignment to fix the toe-in. It's a shame, the rest of the tire looks great but the inside edge has been eaten away badly.

Also note these tires were about $55 a piece, kumho esctas, and I believe they are low mileage tires, like 30k.

Well thats not bad considering they lasted you a year and a half...

CG Coupe!

Comment

Of course, keep in mind, I don't commute very far. So I don't put a lot of miles on the tires, I like to corner, but I don't do a lot of heavy braking, and I don't burn out, since I pretty much can't! hehe

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

yea I had the same tires, they wore out so fast, the whole inside was bald after about 8 months
                    92 accord lx sedan

Phantom Grey Crew #6
                    MY ACCORD

Comment

Working...
                    X