these struts any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these struts any good?

i want to know if these are any good and if anyone has them. i have H&R race springs but i need some struts b4 i put these springs on. i dont think my old stock blown struts will work too well

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPRIN...QQcmdZViewItem
    it's been a while but i'm back!!

from the looks of the price i'ma say no, they probably aren't any good.
    You get what you pay for

and when I googled the name all I got back was ebay matches.

Suspension is not something to go cheap on, your car is riding on it

Just my $.02
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

^^^very true

and you can afford some kyb gr2's for not much more than those are selling for

many people will argue that gr2s are just like oem replacement, but its another one of those ongoing debates

i say gr2s are good for your car unless youre completely slamming your shit. other than that, kyb stated they are safe for lowered cars

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

AT THE LEAST get Tokico HPs...but even those are 'eh'...

Save your pennies and get Illuminas...

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Nah guys, they gotta be good struts, they got mad spring valves in em...

haha, they're POS if you ask me.

Comment

look like some made in china shit..

get some good shit...gr2s their cheap

Comment

if i were you, i'd stick to nothing under KYB GR-2s....
              tell you the truth, i got mine for $177 brand new in the box while you're paying bout $160 for an unknown brand....

just my $0.02

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
              My Ride thread
              Flickr
              Originally posted by d112crzy
              And it can only get better. That's the best part.
              All I gotta really say is:
              People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                if i were you, i'd stick to nothing under KYB GR-2s....
                tell you the truth, i got mine for $177 brand new in the box while you're paying bout $160 for an unknown brand....

just my $0.02

yupyup

got mine for 180

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

For a cheap but better than stock (lil stiffer), I like the Tokico HP. I have them on my red Accord with H&R sport springs and have no complaints for daily driver. I have 26,XXX miles on them with no issues.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I agree with Cisco...everything I've read in all my research says that the HP is a great budget strut for running lowering springs. It's the way I would go if I were to lower my mom's car. You just lack ability to tune it to your liking.

I'd still caution against using GR-2's on a dropped car. Everything I've researched says the GR-2 is essentially a replacement strut, and won't last.

Comment

The gr-2's work for lowered cars, but they don't give you the same performance a adjustable shock would. For ride comfort it is pretty decent after about 15k on my drop. The only problem I've had with the gr-2's is slowing down for dips and speedbumps because if you go too fast the front end dives down resulting in a horrible sound everyone hates. But I'd still advise going with an adjustable shock like koni yellows, tokico illuminas, or kyb agx.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                        The gr-2's work for lowered cars, but they don't give you the same performance a adjustable shock would. For ride comfort it is pretty decent after about 15k on my drop. The only problem I've had with the gr-2's is slowing down for dips and speedbumps because if you go too fast the front end dives down resulting in a horrible sound everyone hates. But I'd still advise going with an adjustable shock like koni yellows, tokico illuminas, or kyb agx.
                        Very true

and remember, DO NOT get rid of the bump stops....
                        you'll regret it(i did)

good luck on your set up

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                        My Ride thread
                        Flickr
                        Originally posted by d112crzy
                        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                        All I gotta really say is:
                        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

i cut my bump stops and thanks for the input i think im going to get some illuminas like i had in my da. thanks again guys
                          it's been a while but i'm back!!

Comment

I dont know about there shocks/struts but I got there springs and they ride pretty good. I think they are actually based in the states tho
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...
                            X