upside down springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upside down springs?

i'm dropping my car tomorrow. Tokico Iluminas, Eibach sportlines.

its dark outside, and i can't find a flashlight to check, but on the rear eibach spring, half of the coils are close, and the other half have a bigger gap.....which side goes up?

i am pretty sure tomorrow when i take off the wheels i will be able to tell. but just in case the eibachs have different coil gaps then stock, i'd like to know.
    I........love my car. Simple as that.

Thats the way they are made to be. On my sportlines most the coils are touching. Its all good. I have mine touching side up. Ive seen them the other way too lol and no one has problems. so on the rears do ya feel.. i did mine like the oem. big gap on the bottom.

Comment

Here's a question. Since the coils are so close together, how do u get spring compressors on them? When doing my rear I didn't need spring compressors, but I did for front. I had to have a shop do it b/c the coils were so close together that the spring compressor wouldn't fit on it. Springs are neuspeed race.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
        Here's a question. Since the coils are so close together, how do u get spring compressors on them? When doing my rear I didn't need spring compressors, but I did for front. I had to have a shop do it b/c the coils were so close together that the spring compressor wouldn't fit on it. Springs are neuspeed race.
        idk about neuspeed. the eibach fronts didn't need to be compressed. just set them on the shock, put the cap on, and tightened teh top bolt. i got it to the bottom of the threading without having to compress the spring.

i'd think neuspeed would be easy, concidering they 'specialize" in honda/acura applications.

i had your same problem with the stock springs, the tool wouldn't fit in teh gaps by hand.......so i had to tap them in with a hammer.
        I........love my car. Simple as that.

Comment

The neuspeed springs were a bit too long. They needed to be compressed a good amount before fitting on the shock. IDK

Comment

Working...
          X