Rear Strut Diffiuclties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Strut Diffiuclties

alright, i know how to remove everything on my rear strut. i have the panels in the back pulled away and i can clearyl see the strut tops.

one nut is taken off the top, the bottom will be fine, i kno0w what to do

the thing is, i can not access the other nut on the top of the strut

ive located it and tried almost every combo on my socket (swivels, extensions, EVERYTHING)

its beating the hell out of me

theres no more paneling to pull off, the only side you can access it from is the side i am using. the way its angeled, its almost right against the metal of the body, making it nearly impossible for me to get this damn thing off

ive read all susp diys and side notes, and couldnt find anyone with the same problem

most likely, im jsut stupid, but could somebody help me out???

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Fold the backseat down and get on it you should be able to get it just fine. If my fat ass can get it im sure you can too.

Comment

Pull the back of the rear seat down...then there are 2 plastic panels on either side...pull those out. Then you can access the 2nd nut from the inside of the car.
      My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Yup, access from the back seat...

Comment

well i have the backseat folded down, ill take a look behind those panels now

thx for the info guys

Comment

Originally posted by blk93

thx for the info guys
            no prob...

Comment

Originally posted by blk93

thx for the info guys
              Ahh...the beauty of cb7tuner.com....
              My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

yaeah, srsly, you can get whatever you need as long as there are people online

i try not to ask for help all too mcuh, but i shouldve went with my instinct on this one

i saw the panel and felt behind it and thought it was just solid metal back tehre with no acces..guess i shouldnt have overlooked that

but anyways, probblem sovled, strut is off the car now..hopefully one day ill actually be "done" with the car

..nope..never will be..BUT one day it will be back on teh road

you guys know how it goes..the car is NEVER "done"....modding is a freakin drug

Comment

Working...
                X