ever g-tested your cb7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ever g-tested your cb7?

I was wondering if anyone else has ever performed a g-test on their car.
    it's a pretty simple procedure, using a stopwatch, and the following formula:

1.225R
    ______
    time^2

where R is the radius of the circle you're driving, and 1.225 is a gravitational constant
    the time is squared

I did mine today, and pulled .95 G. better than the stock BMW M5 that performed the test. I'm gonna try again with drag radials and try and break 1g. for a comparison, a stock 2003 4 door accord is .74g, and a stock 2003 coupe is .82g.
    The CB7 Timeline

Better make sure you're using the same radius as your comparison vehicles.
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

radius doesn't make a huge difference as long as the radius you're using gets plugged into the equation

the M5 i'm comparing to ran on the same exact circle, same conditions
      The CB7 Timeline

Comment

i want to know what mine is really bad.

Comment

well i estimate my G is two times better than a 7th gen sedan, so its probably at least 1.5

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

There's no way an Accord would reach 1g.

Many Ferraris don't reach that number. I'd estimate it was in the 0.7-0.8 range stock and with mods it might go into the 0.75-0.85 range...

Car and Driver put Tein HA's on a Subaru Legacy GT Turbo and went up on 0.03 g or something like that.

Comment

it's all in body roll, and traction, most stock cars we tested, pulled like .7 or .75 g's, and the problem was, by the time they got going, the driver rear tire wasn't hardly touching the pavement due to body roll. (counter clockwise circle).
              the m5 we tested still didn't have much body roll, and hit a .89, thats stock.
              My car's got relatively new hancook ventus 215/40 tires with 1 degree of negative camber front and back, and an aggressive 3.5"drop, which equates to lots of hook, especially with negative camber, and almost no body roll.

To show you our test was pretty accurate, here's the www.Edmunds.com review of the 2000 BMW M5

As expected, the M5 excelled in braking and skidpad testing, too, stopping from 60 mph in a scant 116 feet and circling our 200-foot diameter pad with .90 g of lateral grip.
              My CB7 = .95g

i think i did the circle like .3 seconds quicker than the m5 or something like that. i'll get the actual data posted soon, along with tire temps all around.
              Last edited by 92accordexpower; 09-08-2006, 12:38 PM.
              The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Working...
              X