X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tein s springs...check these out...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/201405924.html

iam lookin to buy these springs..

anyone got these and whats your setup? (stock shocks? no stock shocks?)

and how low are are you on these teins?

thanks

you might get this alot, but SEARCH..even try the members' ride thread.
    and as the seller stated, and from what I have heard they just give the low look but keep the stock ride and handling.

I searched for Tein S Tech and got:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/search.php?searchid=974930

EDIT: another good thread on her is: WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

well yes i was lookin around seraching but needed opinons...

Comment

its a 2'' drop they nice i was gonna get them

Comment

people rate their suspension in that thread..should give you some ideas..that was a key thread when I was looking for lowering springs
          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

ive got these springs on oem shock...they ride very well...
            Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7shot
              ive got these springs on oem shock...they ride very well...
              sweet...you in the 707?? kool..iam in the 916, we should meet sometime

Comment

I just put a set of Tein S-Tech springs on my '94, with Koni Reds that were on my '91. They ride like stock --- comfortable. The Reds are set to 180 degrees turned stiffness (I think 720 degrees, one-and-a-half turns, is the max). I probably should have turned them a full turn or more, but it still rides great and has good control.

But I don't know how long stock shocks would survive the 2.1" drop Tein advertises for the CB7, and anyway stock shocks might not be tight enough to prevent occasional botttoming-out. Unless you enjoy taking it all apart twice, get good shocks at the outset.

By comparison, the '91 had Eibach Pro-Kits with the Reds. That was tight as hell but too harsh over bad sections of road. The Pro-Kits would be great for the auto-crosser that for whatever reason needed ground clearance --- they're that stiff.

For a daily driver that doesn't need to have the lowest-of-the-low drop, or super stiff springs for the ultimate in handling potential, the S-Techs are a special and perhaps unique combination of low-but-comfortable. And yeah, they do still handle well.

$150 is OK if you're local but not a super deal. $150 could buy you new ones (which I understand these practically are). And it looks what he has aren't counterfeits. >>> http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/warning.html
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

yea im in fairfield...
                  Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Id rather get some Nuespeed race springs. I have the s-techs with my kyb agx's. theyre good, but for the 10-20 more bux that the nues. race springs are, its worth it. Ive ridden in nues. race with my same shocks, it rides much better and is a bit lower.

the s-techs wont drop you 2", not unless you have blown or stock shocks.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      Id rather get some Nuespeed race springs. I have the s-techs with my kyb agx's. theyre good, but for the 10-20 more bux that the nues. race springs are, its worth it. Ive ridden in nues. race with my same shocks, it rides much better and is a bit lower.

the s-techs wont drop you 2", not unless you have blown or stock shocks.
                      well isnt the race springs stiff??...iam okay with the tein springs and plus i dont wanna go over 2in drop .....i heard alot of good stuff about these springs, iam very moviated to buy these but thanks anywayz

Comment

im telling you, the race springs ride much better. this is coming from a buy who currently has s-techs with kyb agx's.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          the s-techs wont drop you 2"
                          Tein says 2" drop on 94-97 and 2.1" on 90-93 with 1.6" at the rear. Judging by my '94 with Koni Reds I'd say that's the minimum. The rear is nearly gone; the front has about a 2-finger gap remaining, whereas before I could fit my whole leg, a trash can, can of dog food and stack of chicken bones there.

Other shocks may have a higher perch and thus prevent the full advertised drop (AGX for example are reputed to have a little higher perch.)

I've also learned that because of the slight differences between 4th and 5th gens, some spring makers actually make 2 models to compensate so that the same advertised drop is available for all 90-97.

>>> The makers that have one spring for all 90-97 but also advertise one drop amount for all years aren't telling you the whole story; that's why Tein quotes different drops for the different years.

I'm thinking of H&R Sports (maybe Race too?) >>> there are two different part #s depending on whether you have a 90-93 or a 94-97. Doesn't mean they won't swap, only that if you want the 1.75/1.5 they advertise for Sports, get the right part #.

That means you should be able to tweak it with H&R >>> getting the ones meant for a 5th gen but putting them on your CB7 should net you a slightly bigger drop than the 1.75/1.5 they advertise, because the same spring on a CB7 will be a slightly bigger drop than the same spring on a 5th gen.

Will it be noticeable? Honestly, I don't see how. I mean really: 1/10 of an inch?? Not as much as the influence of the shock's perch height ---

sackingz123 get whatever makes sense to you right now, but also be prepared to change them out later if you think something else might be better.

Just know that ride height and spring stiffness don't go hand-in-hand.

Comment

I have Tein on oem shock for a while now..ride and handling is lill better. and good thing is you dont have to worry about camber if u have 15 in wheel.

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Wanted to make it clear to anyone I'm not implying the Tein S Tech is "better" than the Nuespeed Race --- I've no experience with them.

Just mentioning the Tein ride fantastic in my '94, which may just be better suited to the Tein, for whatever reason, than they are in a CB7 ... if you're confused, you should be!

Comment

Working...
                              X