No announcement yet.

is there really a law...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didn't read the first page of this thread.

But I'll summarize: It's not about being low, it's about altering your vehicle a certain point beyond how the car was designed.

So a Vette raised up the level of a stock Accord would be illegal too.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
      You didn't read the first page of this thread.

But I'll summarize: It's not about being low, it's about altering your vehicle a certain point beyond how the car was designed.

So a Vette raised up the level of a stock Accord would be illegal too.

yeah i read that somewhere, if the car comes like that STOCK then its legal, cause some cars do have slight tint on the front windows. but as long as it came from the factory like that then its legal. but i do find corvettes to be to low...i was in a parking lot a few weeks ago and i wasnt able to get around a corvette who was attempting to go over several speedbumps, took him a minimum of 2 minutes per bump...but he was nice about it, ended up parkin beside him and he apoligized for taking so long, so that to me made it all right..he wasnt snobby like i thought he would of been.
      ..[CB7][STAR]..
      MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

we live in free countries? i tink not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
          we live in free countries? i tink not.
          Freedom=Responsibility.
          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
            theres a law about this but i can careless. if you get pulled over for being too low just ask the cop why dont you pull over a corvette? there just as low or if not lower then. right?
            No.
            Please re-read the statute.
            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.

Comment

Where can I find my state's laws? (NYC) I've been searching on google and coming up with nothin

Comment

Cop shop, theyd tell you, might even help your concern?
                Also librarys of courhouses, thats where I read up on "coloured tail lights and corner lights! Basically as long aS they dont flash/strobe you can have yellow/blue/orange/white in front and in back red or amber/yellow/orange! Brakes have to be red. Also they were trying to ticket us for having an exhaust tip that was too big, the stock diameter of the pipe was all it could be, but that was quickly outed by a couple of us argueing, the police tried to tell us it made the car too loud, I was like so on a stock exhaust system I put a 10" tip on and its gonna get louder? I think not! He did not give either of us a ticket for that! DICKS!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                  Where can I find my state's laws? (NYC) I've been searching on google and coming up with nothin
                  http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/script...right1&law=127

Comment

wowwww....are you serious?!!!!

i've never heard of any tickets....take that shit to court.

Comment

i got a ticket like that b4, on the ticket said " low dragging muffler" its was thrown out

Comment

well the law in cali changed. they used to measure from the ground to the center of the headlight and it had to be xx" above the ground. now they measure from the bottom lip of the rim and basically draw an invisible horizontal line... and nothing on the car can go below that line. i was ticked because the header was 1/2" below the bottom lip of the wheel.

basically what theyre doing is this. if you were to get a flat tire and are forced to ride on the rim, they dont want any part of the car dragging on the ground... hence why no part of the car can hang lower than the rim.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                          No.
                          Please re-read the statute.
                          if you're talkin the altered ride height, you're right, but if you're talking total height of lights..vettes might not squeeze by..they're super low. a lot lower than my car.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                            well the law in cali changed. they used to measure from the ground to the center of the headlight and it had to be xx" above the ground. now they measure from the bottom lip of the rim and basically draw an invisible horizontal line... and nothing on the car can go below that line. i was ticked because the header was 1/2" below the bottom lip of the wheel.

basically what theyre doing is this. if you were to get a flat tire and are forced to ride on the rim, they dont want any part of the car dragging on the ground... hence why no part of the car can hang lower than the rim.
                            Get bigger wheels... DING!!! Problem solved.

Comment

There is a law in certain states. In Texas ours deals with trucks more because a lot of people love to go over the limit and such. We rarely get hassled about how low our cars are they just build bigger speed bumps .

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X