question for the coilover users....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for the coilover users....

was it hard to install your coilovers or was it basicly the same as installing lowering springs?

basically its the same process but if you are reusing the stock shocks then your gonna have a few more steps in taking them out. don't forget the spring compressors otherwise your in for a surprise

Comment

i work at a shop and one of the guys there is gonna teach me how use the spring compressor. what other steps will i hav to remember to do?

Comment

Are you installing a full coil over or sleever over? Its gonna be the same as installing lowering springs for a sleeve over type. A full coil over is easy as hell the only problem is getting everyone to the same height so I recommend haveing a tape measure handy and get every one as close as possible then when you throw it on the car make the final adjustments there. Spring compressor is not hard to use at all. At the shop im pretty sure you got the press down types which are 10x quicker. Reinstalling shouldnt be hard because everything is basically already compressed so you just put it back in bolt it up and adjust to your liking.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Are you installing a full coil over or sleever over? Its gonna be the same as installing lowering springs for a sleeve over type. A full coil over is easy as hell the only problem is getting everyone to the same height so I recommend haveing a tape measure handy and get every one as close as possible then when you throw it on the car make the final adjustments there. Spring compressor is not hard to use at all. At the shop im pretty sure you got the press down types which are 10x quicker. Reinstalling shouldnt be hard because everything is basically already compressed so you just put it back in bolt it up and adjust to your liking.

thanx man. ill definatly be sure that everone is at the same hight. dont want to be rollin down the road with one wheel higher than all the others. lmao. that would just look wierd.

-edit: its just the sleeve overs. what kind of ride should i expect. i know im not gonna hav a soft ride or nothin

Comment

Working...
          X