Rear clunk noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear clunk noise

ALRIGHT guys, this shit is driving me nuts. The rear makes a LOUD clunking noise all the time when going over a bump. I am on Neuspeed Race springs and Koni Yellow shocks. At first I was on the lowest perch and did not have the rubber spring isolators. I re-did everything today and now my rears are on the middle perch (stock perch location) and have the upper and lower spring isolators. I even put new bumpstops in. The damn clunking noise is still present tho. Any remedies to this?

Shock with no lower rubber isolator

Parts I bought hoping to fix the clunking noise (bumpstop and rubber isolators)

Lower rubber isolator in

Top hat with rubber isolator going in (can also see that I raised it to middle perch)

Any suggestions at all?

Were you hittin anything...Im taking this only happened when you went over bumps. Check your rear upper arm and see what its hittin.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

When I go over bumps it makes the clunk noise. The driver side rear is perfect though, no sounds at all once I changed the above parts. No clue what it could be.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with my girls 96 accord, it is lowered on skunk 2 coilovers and koni red shocks, all the rubber o-rings and gaskets are in place also. I'm begining to think it is the upper control arm bushings. I think i'm going to try replacing that this weekend sometime and see if it helps any.

Comment

Upper control arm bushing as mentioned would be the only other culprit if its not hittin anything in the fenderwell. Cant really think of any others in the rear suspension at the moment.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I have the exact same problem with koni yellows and sportlines. I thought the lack of isolators was the problem but maybe not.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

I've had the same problem since I first lowered my car of March last year...I got an open exhaust, a loud stereo, and when I drive on bumpy roads I go "LALALALALALALA"

Dude when are we gonna meet up???

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

make sure your spring is sitting in place when you are taking your car off the jack.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                  I've had the same problem since I first lowered my car of March last year...I got an open exhaust, a loud stereo, and when I drive on bumpy roads I go "LALALALALALALA"

Dude when are we gonna meet up???
                  No clue, the NYC monthly meets died right after classes ended and I had free time. we'll definitely meet up at the next meet tho
                  Last edited by i97supratti; 08-25-2006, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I had the exact same problem about a month ago when I put my new suspension in (eibach sportlines with tokico illuminas) Just the passenger side too, the drivers side would do it sometimes but not that much. I was pissed because I thought that that strut was shit or something. But after thinking about everything that I did while installing it I remembered those rubber rings that go on the spring itself that I never put on the new springs. So anyways I jacked the car up, put the rubber rings on the way tops of the springs then test drove it and it no longer makes that noise, no noise at all. So I'm pretty sure that's the fix.

Comment

everytime u go over a bump at a good speed ur car sorta jump and the springs come loose makin some noise. i have plenty idea how to stop these noise but it's difficult to explain. but be creative. make the springs stay center and the shock not to go longer out than the springs.
                      DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Originally posted by defjamon22z
                        everytime u go over a bump at a good speed ur car sorta jump and the springs come loose makin some noise. i have plenty idea how to stop these noise but it's difficult to explain. but be creative. make the springs stay center and the shock not to go longer out than the springs.
                        not too difficult to explain, just get those rubber rings i was talking about and put them on, gets rid of all the noise and the ride feels a lot less loose.

Comment

ok ok ok someone show me a pic of the rubber rings cause ive been hearing this noise that seems like my spring comes out and back into its seat dont know but its only on right side as well so im thinkin its common please someone get some pics .. Thanks
                          -Sean- Noxidea
                          Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Those rubber rings to the right of the springs, they just wrap around the tops of the springs.

Comment

Wow I think these are on the old stock springs in my garage , can the old ones be reused on some nuespeed coils , cause my nuespeeds are alot larger diameter I think than the old stock ones , hmm Im lookin into this ASAP , Thanks

Sean
                              Noxidea
                              Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Working...
                              X