Uneven drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uneven drop

I just put on Koni Reds with Neuspeed Race springs...and the drop is uneven...The front has a 4 finger gap while the rear just has one....I followed the DIY from this board to the letter...I also cut the bumpstops...We were also comparing the stock strut to the koni and we noticed that on the stock strut the spring would be sitting 2" lower than on the Koni...that doesnt seem right to me...But we also compared the stock spring to the neuspeed and there was a 4" difference in those springs...so I should still theoretically get a 2" drop...I dont really understand it.

Has anyone else had this happen before...and ifso wat did you do to fix it?...I will be taking it apart again tommorow to see if anything went wrong....Just wonderin if anyone knows anything i should look for...Pics to come later
    Last edited by King James; 08-06-2006, 06:43 PM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

i've seen soething like that where they guy put his springs on backwards (front in the back/back in the front). later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

james, let's see pictures. I had them on my car and the back was lower also then again I had kYB AGX so i sat higher then normal anyways.

Comment

When we changed the stock spring with lowering spring, do we need to cut the bumpstop also? I thought we only cut the bumpstop if we are using coilover?

Thanks

Comment

Heres the pic....Its not the best pic in the world...but you get the idea:

I know i didnt put the rear on the front and the front on the rear cuz the springs say front and rear on them...and theres a pretty noticable difference between the two...and i read on here that a guy cut his bumpstops with the exact same setup as mine and his ride was comparable to stock...

Wayne the rear wasnt that much lower then the front was it?...I didnt think so when i was lookin at pics.

Comment

Well shorter in front and longer spring in the back. Looks like you got em swapped around. Cuttin the bumpstops inside the shock will lower the ride slightly some cars require cuttin.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

your bumpstops shouldnt make too much of a difference when the car is standing still. especially not a noticable one like that. there is obviously something wrong, i would take them all apart and redo it, making sure you have the front spring on the front

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                Well shorter in front and longer spring in the back. Looks like you got em swapped around. Cuttin the bumpstops inside the shock will lower the ride slightly some cars require cuttin.
                I will use lowering spring (2.25" drop) on my stock shocks, do you think I should cut the bumpstop?

Comment

Originally posted by bowzil
                  I will use lowering spring (2.25" drop) on my stock shocks, do you think I should cut the bumpstop?
                  No, I think it'll be fine....
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                    No, I think it'll be fine....
                    Thanks maroonaccord2.2, BTW I am planning to do custom grill hack for my 91, thanks for your custom grill hack DIY thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bowzil
                      Thanks maroonaccord2.2, BTW I am planning to do custom grill hack for my 91, thanks for your custom grill hack DIY thread.
                      Oh for sure!

Sure looks to me like the springs in his pic are swapped, the rear looks like a race drop and the front looks stock.
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Im in the process of takin everything apart again....Havent noticed ne thing so far but havent been doin it for very long....I am 90 percent sure that i do not have the springs reveresed cuz not only do the rear say rear...the rear are also noticably bigger.

Comment

you got it right.

The bigger looking springs go in the REAR

the small ones go in the front.

Comment

I don't think the bumpstops will make any difference at all because I didn't even cut mine and the front of my car is lower. The rear looks fine to me though because the back of my car is about the same.

Comment

The back sits a little bit hire now cuz i fixed sumthin i messed up on the first time around....I didnt think the bumpstops would make a difference...but i figured just incase it would to put it out there....I have no idea about the front tho...cuz we took it off and we cant notice anything that seems like it should make the car sit that high.

Comment

Working...
                              X