I'm done being slammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm done being slammed

I think I'm gonna raise my car up...it's too much. My front geometry's fucked and it handles like ass. I remember when my car was slightly higher, it handled like a dream. The only thing that sucks is the look...

But fuck it...I ditched the system...might as well go all out with this function over form thing.

What should I go with? I'm thinking Sportlines and Illuminas...but I have sleeves that would work well too (I checked all the rates). What do you think???

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

at least wait for the winter

Comment

Not a bad decision. If you are going for handling and not looks. I'm raising my car up alittle. I am running all 4 koni shocks on the lowest perch and the handling sucks. The lowest perch is made for OEM springs. I'm moving them up to the middle perch hoping it will help with handling/bottoming out. I was looking at sportslines when looking for a setup.

I agree with team 83rd though, I'm not raising mine until I replace my balljoint later in August. Have soem fun this summer then raise it for the 5' of snow coming soon...

Comment

aww come on... we're supposed to be those crazy people with crazy drops in some of the worst road conditions!

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
          aww come on... we're supposed to be those crazy people with crazy drops in some of the worst road conditions!
          I know, I know...but seriously, my car handles like ass. It squeals the tires on regular turns, and my tires are like brand new. In NYC it's just too much. The more I think about it...I kinda like sparkle's drop, and his handling is top notch. I imagine Sportlines w/Illuminas and the Neuspeed strut brace will completely transform the car.

I mean there have been times under hard braking where I've scraped the front end of the car. It looks awesome but it's too much.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Personally, for form vs function, I like the Neuspeed Sports.

They will still give you just under a 2" drop, they ride like stock and handle superbly.

I went for a pleasant mountain drive and was taking corners at 50-60 MPH that I would have previously had to be careful at 30 with no issues.

Some on here doubt the quality of the springs, as did I before I encountered them. I won't consider anything other than Neuspeed now. I personally don't like the Sportlines or H & R Sports as they don't handle better and they don't ride as well.

I have Tokico Iluminas as well, although blues work really well with these springs too.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yea, Sparkle has Neuspeed Sports with Koni Yellows and his suspension is basically perfect for NYC. I might go with Reds though.

Comment

You need a sport drop, it's just low enough to look good and it's still practical and improves the car's drivability. Just stick with the top manufacturers i.e. H&R, Neuspeed, Tein, Eibach, Sprint......
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

function over form....interesting concept I never thought of

I just focus on function first, then add a lil flavor with form but keeping it tasteful and still functional towards my goals.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I love my Neu. Sports. The only thing I sometimes wish it was a bit lower, but that's just my AGX. But hey, it keeps my lip off the pavement, and that's all I care about.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                      function over form....interesting concept I never thought of

I just focus on function first, then add a lil flavor with form but keeping it tasteful and still functional towards my goals.

I tend to agree with you. I try to kill both birds with one stone if I can. The Race's look bad ass and they DO handle extremely well, and they do ride pretty much like stock, but when the car sparks going down the road, it probably isn't to functional, especially from a daily driven standpoint.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

for neuspeed sports. Thats what I rock.

My swap thread
                        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                          I mean there have been times under hard braking where I've scraped the front end of the car.
                          You're my hero

I'd still like to ride low but it's also important to save your undercarriage too. It's just too bad that the wheel wells on the CB7 are so freakin' huge that you need a crazy drop and good wheel choice to look good.

Comment

hmmmi maybe selling my sportlines and kyb agx's keep a look out...

i want some omni's

Comment

look im going to put in a nice way, you keep on raising you car with those stupid coilovers. didnt get a alignment when you did it so it handles good then when you lower it. it handles like shit. and if you are on stock struts forget about it. and if your tires are shit your fucked. sleeve style coilovers are shit a waste of money unless you get the real deal. im lowered on 3in springs and kyb agx and im good with my tire wear. spend the money youll feel it.

Comment

Working...
                              X