Neuspeed 94/95 Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neuspeed 94/95 Question.

alright, been searching and been on neuspeed's site and cant get a CLEAR answer, so im just looking for confirmation...

I took a set of Sofsports off my buddys hands for free. they were on his 95 accord... anyways, i'll put them on this weekend, but im not 100% they will fit my 93... i already looked up and compared part numbers on neuspeed's site...
    i remember reading on here that 90-97 all have the same suspension, or was it 90-93~ 96-97? suspension gurus help me out?

the springs physically look like they will fit when compared to the 90-93 ones, but i dont want to pull the suspension out just to find out i need to cut the springs, or cant put them on at all

any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!
    Last edited by bresk8r87; 06-29-2006, 09:42 PM.
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

They'll fit just fine. I believe the V6 suspension's slightly different (but it might just be spring rates due to the heavier motor).

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've heard the Sofsports give barely any drop, just stiffen up the ride.

Comment

alright thanks alot man, thats all i needed...

and yeah, the sofsports are ~a .75" drop all around...not much at all compared to the Races... those are around 2 inches and a cushier ride from what ive seen...guess ill just start keepin an eye on the FS threads... thanks
      1993 CB7
      2001 BB6

Comment

I have the Sports on my car. I can't really complain...I wish they were a bit lower, but I don't have any clearance issues right now, even with my lip, which is better than I could say with the Race.

The type of struts you use plays a roll too as well. AGX are known to keep the car higher than a strut such as a Tokico Blue.

Comment

yeah...im planning on blues as soon as i find a reasonable pair, i wanna get rid of some of the finger gap but not have any clearance issues since when i go back to school the terrain gets alot steeper...how do you like the sports ride?
          1993 CB7
          2001 BB6

Comment

With 215/45-17 tires (bigger than stock) I have a 2 finger gap up front and a loose 2 in back. I have the Gracer lip which hangs really low and haven't scraped it once. The ride with my AGX set at 2/4 up front and 7/8 out back (for rubbing issues) is almost the same as stock. Actually I think it rides better than stock.

Comment

I concur. Even with Tokico Illuminas on 2 it rides just like stock, and has no clearance issues.

If you get Tokico Blues, it will ride a little bit softer than mine, but still handle well.

Ray Ray has race/blues on his car, and it scrapes on a lot of stuff, but still rides like stock.

Also, there is a difference on 94-95 Accords that requires a slightly higher spring rate. They will fit any 90-97 Accord, but they will not drop it as much.

With Sofsports, they probably wouldn't lower it at all.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

hmmm...im not really looking for a drop as much as just some improvement in ride quality... my bud has the RACES on his SRT and its constantly bottoming out...so i didnt really want to deal with it... i guess ill just take a before/after pic to compare what (if any) the drop looks like once i get them on...
                1993 CB7
                2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by bresk8r87
                  hmmm...im not really looking for a drop as much as just some improvement in ride quality... my bud has the RACES on his SRT and its constantly bottoming out...so i didnt really want to deal with it... i guess ill just take a before/after pic to compare what (if any) the drop looks like once i get them on...

Even though it doesn't seem like it, the Sports are quite a bit more mild in terms of drop than the Race. I have slightly less gap than Accordwarrior (probably the difference in shocks) and all of the Accord Race springs I have seen are pretty much tucking a smidge (maybe one finger if you really cram it).

Also, Neons have almost no suspension travel. It is difficult to lower them more than an inch without having travel issues, unless you start using some pretty innovative and exotic hardware. No two cars are necessarily the same, and what doesn't work on a Neon, may work great on an Accord.

Accords have a TON of travel.

If you were to go with the Race springs (and even with the Sports it wouldn't hurt, although it isn't necessary) you MUST cut the bump stops in order to maintain proper travel. On an Accord with Tokico Blues and stock bumpstops, you will have less than 1" of travel with Race springs on the car, if you do not cut them. You will be left with a shitty ride. If you cut them about 1-1.5", you will regain a lot of your travel and still have enough bump stop to do the job.

Just my .02
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                  X