No announcement yet.

lowering + siezed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now there is a manly man right there!!!! right on i went to autozone and got a no name socket set on sale for i don't even remember how much. i didn't even use a spring compressor....thats what friends are for. ok so the parts went flying into a box. it was 8pm in a town i wasn't familiar with, broke the rear sturt bolts and drove home with only the front lowered all the way down. 60min drive home. what a night i tell u.
    My members ride thread

Comment

stewie, search J-Dawg in the NW section(regionals) I think hes around your area.

if you come down to Yakima, Wa.(central washington) ill do it for ya, for some beers

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ya i know jdawg lives near me, we both use the vancouveraccords forum.

i was told by another guy that instead of a spring compressor, put the springs in an old leather jacket and keep twisting the jacket cause it wont rip and eventualy the springs will get on.
        ..[CB7][STAR]..
        MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

hmm. never heard that one.

but what I did was put the shock on soft ground(my lawn), put one of my tire/rims on top of it, and another one behind it. now, I sat on the one on top of it and slowly turned the nut until I heard a popping sound. thats when safe to finish unscrewing it.

Comment

me and deevergote lowered my car and his car in 7 hours not to mention it was my first time ever doing anything like that....trust me the shit is easy. we only took so long cuz we had to find shit at autozone to finish mikes setup (1 1/2 hours...) that shit was annoying

-sean
            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
              me and deevergote lowered my car and his car in 7 hours not to mention it was my first time ever doing anything like that....trust me the shit is easy. we only took so long cuz we had to find shit at autozone to finish mikes setup (1 1/2 hours...) that shit was annoying

-sean
              damn, it took me that long alone. and it was my first time too.

Comment

when u drop enough vehicles u will be soo good at it u can drop your entire car in under 45min. of course a friend will make it go faster and a lot smoother. i've gotten my car to under 40min but when i drop anyone elses car whether it be a eclipse or whatever, it takes me 1-2 hrs depending. try dropping a 4 wheel drive blazer so it sits only 1 in off the ground.....that took some extra time.
                as to the springs, u don't need a spring compressor although it does help. just have somebody hold down the spring assembly while u slowly very slowly loosen the nut and have a box in front of it so parts don't fly everywhere.
                My members ride thread

Comment

It's real easy just take out the 3 bolts that are on top of the strut assembly (not middle one save that for last) then they pop out.U could use a spring compresser.Move it around a little bit in the bottom so it would get out or take the bolt from the steering knucle i believe so you will have more room.I'd do it on mine but i'm just too lazy.O and about that bolt being seized whatever just get some pb blaster on that thing and it will come right out.
                  Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                    pep boys near me wont do a tranny flush for cars over 100k miles...im like wtf are you scared? Maybe im missing something but it shouldnt be too hard and if its done right then there should be no problem...
                    lol.
                    "Shouldn't be", but frequently is.
                    Yeah, you're missing something.
                    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Working...
                    X