Shock/Spring questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock/Spring questions

ok so i was set on getting some kyb agx adjustable's with some eibach sportline springs. i did some reading and found that the kyb's are set to sit higher than stock. but the springs are supposed to lower your car.

well after reading its sed that koni yellows are "best". and the neuspeed springs will drop my car and give me performance. in further reading i found out that shocks blow easily if the suspension isnt really compatible (i guess u could say) with your driving style.

well my question is which setup is more reliable AND will give me the look and performance i want without killing the ride quality. money isnt an issue with these two set ups. i just dont want to have to keep replacing shocks. im currently on stock tires as well but do plan on bumping up to 16in gram lights in the future.

Go with the kyb gr2 and the sportlines.You'll love it.
    Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

go with koni yellows and neuspeed springs. I currently have kyb gr-2's and neuspeed race springs and this setup was great at first but after about 3 months the gr-2's were on their way out. I'm getting koni yellows next since I already have neuspeeds, but since you're buying all new I'd go with the neuspeed/koni supercup kit or whatever it's called.

Comment

GR-2's are NOT made for drops. They're just replacement struts. Definitely not a good invesment.

I have AGX on Neuspeed Sports, and yes, my car does sit higher than other cars on Neuspeed Sports without AGX struts, but its not all that bad.

As far as your concern using Sportlines, from what I've seen, they actually give you a lower than advertised drop. They claim a 1.8/1.7 drop. My Sports claim 1.8/1.5 and I can tell you that the Sportline drop is more like a 2.2-2.5" drop. So my thoughts would be that the AGX wouldn't actually kill the drop as bad as you'd think.

Obviously the Koni Yellows are the best struts you could probably put under the car, but don't forget, they are the priciest. I'd look into the Illumina by Tokico if you want to retain adjustability and get away from the whole AGX thing.

It all depends on where you want to go with this. My suspension's been holding up well and I'm going into almost a year of having it on. I have no complaints with anything. There are times I wish I was a bit lower, but given my front lip and my newly found wheels being a little low on the offset side issue, I have an idea ride height, so quality won't be an issue with the AGX, if you're worried about blowing.

One thing that I have noticed on cars with the Sportlines...they tend to be higher in the front than in the back, which reverses the "rake" the car has stock. Most Neuspeed springs keep this rake, which keeps the, what I feel is agressive look of the car stock.

My vote is for the Neuspeed Spring (be it Sport or Race) and Koni Yellow, but I have no qualms about recommending AGX either.

Comment

if you can afford neuspeed's with koin's then just get omni power coilover's they are really good in haddling and up to 4'' im drope there abbout 550 to 600 ride is good i wish i had them

Comment

my car is on sportlines with agx's and i like it alot...big improvement in handling over stock and it low enough but not too low cause i live in ny(potholes)....but the agx's do affect the height...ive seen others cb's with sportlines on a different strut than agx and they are lower than my car...but nuttin crazy
            My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
            X