Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Power Steering: Is it really that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
    What makes you say P/S is a false sense of security?
    go without it....youll see what i mean. without p/s you get a much better feel of the road...more responsive steering...therefore power steering is a false sense of security...just like anti lock brakes!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
      Cars without power steering are great and parking is not hard....ditch the P/S.
      rock on!

Comment

i want to loop the lines but what about the resevoir and high pressure line? do i leave those or cut the high pressure line? id like to get rid of the resevoir for more room...

Comment

get your car up to like 50 on a road
          put it in nuetral
          turn your car off
          coast around
          PS will be off so you can simulate how it will be.
          uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ehulst
            x2.....its really not hard to remove it, the only part that needs attention are the threads down under the car.......i just cut the lines they were on and welded the insides of the nuts and made grinded them down for a cap and put thread locker on them and threaded those bitches in....other then that its a breeze to remove, do it or dont its really up to yourself......i personaly like it without it, builds muscle and more control.......
            I wouldn't be surprised if some idiot tried it, turns the key back too far and forgets to put it back to "ON", gets his steering column locked and runs right off the road or into someone else.

If you try this MAKE SURE you don't go back too far. Kick your key back into the ON position right away. You should only need to back out of it long enough (one second or so) for the engine to stop rotating.

Comment

its not that bad, i removed it on my car. it takes some getting used to, and some muscle when you have to turn it from lock to lock or something like that.
              personally, as far as handling goes, i preferred it over having power steering. you have a better control over it (IMO) and it's less twitchy (18s and negative camber makes for a twitchy ride at interstate speeds)

Comment

Originally posted by sirs1ayer
                get your car up to like 50 on a road
                put it in nuetral
                turn your car off
                coast around
                PS will be off so you can simulate how it will be.
                or just do the intelligent thing and pull the P/S belt off..

Comment

I think you quoted the wrong guy Cipher.
                  Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                  -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                  MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

I weigh 100lbs and can lift barely my own body weight, but no power steering in the CB7 is no problem even to me.
                    Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

wtf are ppl talking about, i removed p/s belt to give it a shot, ITS NOT THAT BAD AT ALLL.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                      Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

as long as you have full tire pressure, its easy as hell. unless you're weaker than a 5 year old, you will be fine.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          as long as you have full tire pressure, its easy as hell. unless you're weaker than a 5 year old, you will be fine.

LMFAO!

...very well put.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                          1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Have to disagree on this one. I don't see why it's removed in the first place.
                            Last edited by LinX; 09-30-2006, 02:49 AM.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Working...
                            X