Camber kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber kit

I am in market for buying front camber kit.
    I searched and decide on either Eibach or Ingalls camber kit.
    So many different versions..
    Example: Camber adjust +1 1/4° to +3°
    Can anyone explain this?

Which one should I buy?

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...lar=&brand=all

Front camber
    Driver side (Left): -1.7°
    Passanger side (Right): -1.6°

Rear camber with-in factory spec. so no problem.

Suspension + Tire
    Koni yellow + Eibach Pro-kit with Dunlop SP9000 (215/45-17)
    Last edited by accordmaniac; 04-16-2006, 01:59 AM.
    1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
    5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Anyone?

If I buy camber kit that can adjust +1 1/4° to +3° ..
    and set it to +1 1/4° and my left driverside front camber should be some where around 0°.. right?
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*

Comment

Greatings, hows the weather there in Korea right now?

Well, the ingalls kit at +1.25 (same as 1 1/4) subtracted from your -1.7 would bring your camber to -.45, or -.50.

So you are on the right track. I do remember reading from the manufacturer that ingalls kit is not recomended for a drop in excess of 1.5 inches. But a lot of people have this kit with more severe drops than that. But you have the pro kit, which is not that much of a drop. So this is probably a good kit for you, and you may not have the clearance issues others do.

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
        I did have uneven tire wear in front and plus having one of the tire getting flat, 5days ago I bought four brand new Dunlop SP9000 (215/45-17).

Price: US$640.00 OUCH!

---------------------------------------
        Ingalls Control Arm Mount
        Front Fitment
        Note: Camber adjust +1 1/4° to +3°
        Front fitment Rubber bushings.

Ingalls Camber Spacers & Bolts
        Rear Fitment
        Note: Camber adjust +3/4°
        Rear fitment. Excludes wagon models.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
          Greatings, hows the weather there in Korea right now?

Well, the ingalls kit at +1.25 (same as 1 1/4) subtracted from your -1.7 would bring your camber to -.45, or -.50.

So you are on the right track. I do remember reading from the manufacturer that ingalls kit is not recomended for a drop in excess of 1.5 inches. But a lot of people have this kit with more severe drops than that. But you have the pro kit, which is not that much of a drop. So this is probably a good kit for you, and you may not have the clearance issues others do.
          my camber was at -1.5 or thereabout, and my tire shop was able to correct that to about -.4...without a camber kit...look into a good shop before you waste lots of money on a kit that you dont really need

Comment

sometimes u get lucky if u mess with some other settings....but i got a ingalls front and rear camber kit, i was off about 1.6 degrees on my prokit so the standard 0-1.5 degrees worked for me...
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Camber on the rear can be adjusted with washers.
              But camber on the front is not adjustible without a kit. In fact, the Helms manual says to check for bent or damaged suspension components if the camber is out of spec on stock height.
              If a shop was able to adjust it without a kit, I'd like to know how!

My camber is -1.5 left front, and -2.1 right front. I still need a kit.

When stock, camber was -1.1 left, and -.6 right.

My swap thread
              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

after aligning my lowered car (2") the camber was about -.4 to -.5 degrees of camber, and thats without a kit...easy to do if you rotate fairly often

Comment

I ordered Ingalls UCA mount (rubber) + Ingalls rear camber kit from tirerack.com.
                  I will be getting the kit sometime next week.
                  Thanks for the replies..

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                    after aligning my lowered car (2") the camber was about -.4 to -.5 degrees of camber, and thats without a kit...easy to do if you rotate fairly often
                    I beg to differ, you'd have over -1 degree of camber lowering 2" for sure. In any case, you could just use the concentic camber kits, they work good and most shops can adjust them for you when you get the car aligned.
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

id get one...everyone cars was differnt...my car was on a prokit drop...it was off 1.6 degrees.

save some money on tires as well....sometimes people get lucky...others, like me wasnt
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                        i think my specs are almost identical. i dropped about 2" and after an alignment my front camber was off about -.5 the rear isn't too bad at all.

that reminds me. i need to get my tires rotated!
                        "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                          id get one...everyone cars was differnt...my car was on a prokit drop...it was off 1.6 degrees.
                          The suspension geometry of the stock cb7's control arms should all be the same, therfor the same ratios of (-) camber when lowering. If there is varience more than a +/- .05 degrees..... I'd be surprised.
                          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

..i had a camber issue before i had my prokits though so maybe that played a role.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I had little problem with tirerack.com.
                              They send me the wrong kit! (Poly.)
                              So I had to return them.
                              Yesterday.. finally recieved correct camber kit.

Ingalls 35730 rubber bushing camber kit!

Comment

Working...
                              X