No announcement yet.

finally lowering next week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what if i needed to take the car out while having only 1 side done?

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
      thats what me and williamsvt did^^ we just didnt drive it in between. start spraying all ur bolts now with pb blaster
      i wish we had sprayed the back the day before with PB blaster Overall, our install went well, except for the fact that it was like -10 out...so cold. PB blaster works wonder though, def. worth the cost and everything.

As for driving with only on side lowered, thats most likely not a great idea, and would fuck up steering real bad and acceleration would be very weird...im only guessing tho, since i haven't done it. All in all, i would say that you should try your best not to drive during the install and just wait until your finished all the way.

Good luck, because its a lot warmer now so it should be easier
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

^^^^^ did you need new bushings even when you sprayed with PB Blaster?

Comment

day 1 : well those bolts are definitely seized on. they wouldn't even budge. i sprayed PB blaster a ton of times and i'm letting it sit overnight. i hope SOMETHING budges tomorrow

Comment

anyone? ^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
              would it be ok to lower the rear first, and then the front the next day? or vice versa? if i don't find the time to do both at once...
              I drove on one lowering spring for a bit...just take it easy.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i can't get the stupid bolts off, and i have no way of cutting it off. pb blaster has been soaking for 1-2 days now

Comment

u need to get a torch and heat the suckers up to a bright red glow.....then u can get them off easily....that is what i did. cut the head off and the welded nut, heat up, punch out. do that for all 4 bushings.....just take it to a shop. but make sure u have the new bushings and bolts b4 u go.
                  My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                  X