what size rims???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timmy0tool
    IMO 17" looks and performs the best. it's not too heavy and there is enough tire to prevent dents (never go 205/40/17 tires on accords!) and provide less sidewall flex. 15/16" wheels are for civic/integras with 4x100 . 18" is just for show/looks. it all depends on your application!

Why do you say to never go 205/40/17 on our Accord's? I was just curious because thats what I got right now. Also, what size tires would you say/think are best for our CB7's on 17's?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
      Why do you say to never go 205/40/17 on our Accord's? I was just curious because thats what I got right now. Also, what size tires would you say/think are best for our CB7's on 17's?
      205/45-17 or 215/40-17 because of potholes and such, 205/40-17 gets kinda skinny on the sidewall
      i have 215/40-18 and i love them..

fills the wheelwell perfectly..

Comment

Originally posted by seigneur_rayden
        18' aren't just for look. They are perfect for cb7. Plus if U go 225/35-18, it exactly equals 185/70-14 and 195/60-15 in height and diameter. Therfore, no worry about speedometer misreading.
        IMO, kitted accords should go with 19's because the body of the car is bigger.
        the only problem that i see with a 225mm wide tire is that with a 42 mm offset, like mine, its gonna scrub in the back if it lowered.. i have skinnier tires, but they are taller, so its gonna rub some..

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
          the only problem that i see with a 225mm wide tire is that with a 42 mm offset, like mine, its gonna scrub in the back if it lowered.. i have skinnier tires, but they are taller, so its gonna rub some..
          Mondojackal, What do U mean by SCRUB? Did U mean RUB Plus, what will the tire RUB TO exactly? The inner side of fender or the control arm

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

I got 15' 7 spoke rims off a Prelude and I love em'
            Of course I'm a sleeper so, I rock the stock look anyways...
            (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
            Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
            My (old) Ride

Comment

Mondojackal, What do U mean by SCRUB? Did U mean RUB Plus, what will the tire RUB TO exactly? The inner side of fender or the control arm
              inner rear fender lip

Comment

no, i mean scrub. with my offset, and the fact that my tires have the rim protector things, the tires scrub pretty hard on the inner lip of the rear fender (the part covered with the rubber strip).

Comment

I say 17s with 45s are good for everyday use they look good,handle good and trust me i ran over a curb with my cps no damage but if was 40s i could of kiss my wheels good bye! 17s/16s+fat tires+low offset=love!

My whips!
                  97 eliteS 50cc sold
                  90 CB coupe lx h22 turbo(ITS GONE!)
                  93 CB 4dr ex/se
                  85 Hilux 4x4(chevy 350)traded
                  80 Hilux 2wd still got it
                  73 Opel GT garage queen
                  92 cx hatch b16a ran into the ground
                  93 si hatch b16a type-r trans parted out
                  92 dx hatch fully built GSR "huge" fmi sold
                  09 4dr 4x4 Tacoma small lift daily beater
                  93 dx hatch b16a2 (old team rice car) was free!

Comment

i recently went from 17 to 16. i like that hella better than my 17's

Comment

I say NO BIGGER than 17". I drive 90 miles a day, and my 15" Lude wheels ride nice. Plus, tires are cheaper to replace..... I might bump to 16", but now I don't think I'd go bigger.

Bigger is not always better.
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

yeahh... i am rolling on 225's on 18's and they rubb insanely i am looking to go smaller or rolling my fenders.

Comment

Working...
                        X