No announcement yet.

quick question about renting spring compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol it's all good if u know what ur doing.....i do that to all of the cars i drop.....I do it myself with the other guys from the club. if u have a spring compressor use it but otherwise carefully letting it loose is ok. done it who knows how many times and never once came close to getting injured in the least bit......o and the spring compressor i orginally had actually didn't fit inbetween the coils....so we were forced to do it the old fashion way...been doing it that way ever since.

o yea i don;t recoomend it unless u know what ur doing and u have someone else there to help u. and if your stupid enough to loosen it with it facing ANYONE then u shouldn't be around a car lol thats the only way u could injur someone or wow i don't even know....
    Last edited by accrdpower; 04-05-2006, 06:42 PM.
    My members ride thread

Comment

if the spring compressors dont fit in the coil, put them against it at an angle and bang it in

Comment

I can't get the top hat on my koni yellow/neuspeed race. THe spring is 2" too long. I bought a spring compressor but the coils are too close together to really use it. It doesn't compress it alot. Are there spring compressors that are thinner that can be used to close-coil springs?

Comment

got mine from autozone, 50$ and u get ur money back when its returned... make sure u get the strut/spring compressor not the coil spring compressor, basically its 2 bars that stick onto the side not the one that goes up through the middle
          Frost White CB7 Crew #28
          RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

Working...
          X