Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap suspension setting

Hi
    I truly understand I need to spend a big chuck of money to get a better handling, ride comfort and look. However at this point I would like to change my stocks shocks and springs and I have about $350 to spend for shocks and spring. Can anyone give me some thoughts? I have found that shunk2 springs and kyb gr2 shocks cost about $300 some bucks. do u recommend it?

93 Honda acccord 2 dr
    Jdm h22, AEM cai, Act stage 2 clutch, PSPEC short shifter, Hondata S100 ecu.

Hi
    Thanks for your post. I really appreciate it. So you r saying Kyb and sprint would be an affordable set up. I really don't know much about sprint. I will go ahead and research on sprint and shunk as well. Ride comfort is my one and only priority at this point. I know shocks play the major role in comfort. I have had many people who like the Kyb AGX. but I can't get agx now, i have to stick with the regular kyb gr2 at this point. Thanks.

Comment

also sprint discontinuted the extream springs
      1993 Honda Accord - Dedicated cb7tuner

Comment

I have the blue Sprints. I only got a 1 1/4" drop from them. Its cool though they came with the car.
        Last edited by JDMcbCHIC; 02-25-2006, 12:37 PM.
        91' EX H22-5 speed swap

Comment

Hi
          I guess sprint green would be a nice choice. I am looking for it. Any of you think kyb and H & R would be a nice set up? Thanks guys for your time and thoughts.

Comment

Werd?
            I have kyb-gr2's and I am pretty satisfided with them, they are nice, and I belive the cheapest around. I give them an A

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcbCHIC
              I have the blue Sprints. I only got a 1 1/4" drop from them. Its cool though they came with the car.

I got a good deal on ebay for the sprint blue. part #1003. they are going for $150 shipped. sprint site syas it will drop about 2.25 in front and rear. that's a huge drop. I think i should get this deal. pls let me know what u guys thinking.

Comment

I just put the Skunk2 sleaves on my ride 3" drop real nice. I only had the money at the time to replace the front struts. Once the rears are done it will handle real nice. I put stock struts on but will be putting KYB or Tokico on soon for better suspension. I paid $269 for the Skunk kit and $90 for the front struts (pair). Don't cheap out on you lowering kit, you will regret it.

Comment

yes they ride hard but i love'em then again i don;t care too much bout how soft/comfortable the ride is.....comfort is sacrificed with height to some degree
                  My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                    most sleeves are coupled with STIFF springs, not sure why someone doesn't put something out there that is for a certain drop range so they can have some type of decent spring rate.........they just throw the stiff ones to support whatever height people throw at them

but the extremes give a nice drop (around 3") and with decent struts, they ride great....not bouncy at all.......

lol i hear ya ricky as to throwing stiff springs on everything....it's only really bad when i'm at a 2in drop.....when i'm slammed it's really not that bad....surprisingly enough
                    My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                    X