scraping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scraping

Is there anything i can do to avoid the bad scraping of my exhaust on the pavement when i hit bumps besides having to raise my car, and plastic piece or sumthin i can put on it?

Just go really slow over it... I don't think theres anything you can do about it.... I think ive seen something that goes belove the exhaust but im not sure i cant remember where i saw it

Comment

dodge them
      cb7 sold
      2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
      95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

My muffler always makes a ding when I leave a steep parking lot because my car is low. There's not much you can do about scraping. I have a fully molded body kit, so there's nothing I can do about it. Just go slow, and be very careful.
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

thats true...its just a part of life when your car is lowered or has a kit. like everyone said just be carefull

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

yea thats gonna happen, especially if its lowered...one thing you might try is bending your exhaust hangers, so the muffler hang higher, closer to the bumper instead of hanging down lower. And if going over speed bumps try to go at an angle towards the drivers side. I dont know if theres anything you can put under the muffler to help it out, but if you put plastic chances are its gonna melt. And if its really bad like mine, just weld the holes up.

Jay
            Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Thanks, i guess slow is the way to go, thanks for the input.

Comment

Angles are your friend. Never go up a driveway or over a speedbump straight on.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                  Angles are your friend. Never go up a driveway or over a speedbump straight on.
                  I have to enter every parking lot here in Florida at an angle because everything is on elevated land because of the weather if it gets bad. Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
                  Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                  2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                  2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                  2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

My car isn't lowered all that much (like 1.5 tops) and I don't have any kits or lips or anything like that but I still have to do the angle thing. Since I've done that I've only scraped my muffler once or twice (once because of a full car and a really steep driveway). Speedbumps are worse then driveways for me. My cat is broken because of it.

Comment

as a last resort, you can get an ugly skid plate under your muffler hah.
                      BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

as a last resort, you can get an ugly skid plate under your muffler hah.
                        BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

if you have adjustable dampers set them harder

Comment

drive in reverse
                            I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

Working...
                            X