Ha! Broke strut!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! Broke strut!!

Well, I've outdone my self on this one. I'll get pics up tomorrow when I fix it, but mycar looks pitiful, kinda badass, but pitiful. I pulled into a restaurant tonight and I heard a weird pop. I park, get out and notice the ground is higher than usual. I inspect and notice my car is hammered in the rear driver's side. I day "hmmm?" and go inside for some Mexican eatin'. I come back out and establish that I can't leave, so I call a friend. We go to my house and get two jacks and some tools. We get back to my car and it's snowing/raining and is cold as fuck (CAF) and I strategically jack my car up and remove the wheel. I find that the lower attatchment point of the strut is broken off. The bushing and end of the strut are on the control arm. The strut is attatched at the top. The end of it broke right off and caused my car to ''sit sideways'' (reference to my 'grill' thread) and it looked kinda tight, gave me a full tease of what cylinders are gonna do....so I gotta fix it tomorrow, ahhhhh!

Originally posted by KoNEY
    . I park, get out and notice the ground is higher than usual.
    LOL. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
      Originally posted by KoNEY
      I pulled into a restaurant tonight and I heard a weird pop. I park, get out and notice the ground is higher than usual.
      LOL. later.

Straight sig material right there...

Comment

^^NOT my pic^^

See the bent fork at the bottom of the strut??? I broke that sumbitch off. It's fixed now and wasn't very fun, not hard, but cold weather blows...pics later tonight.

Comment

howd that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
            howd that happen?
            Good question....just pulled into a parking lot and it popped...sucks/sucked...

Comment

was this stock?
              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

did u have lowerin spring installed on this broken strut..?? is this how blown strut are like haha..

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                  was this stock?
                  Yeah, but my car is only like 1/2" below stock...

Originally posted by Accordlx
                  did u have lowerin spring installed on this broken strut..?? is this how blown strut are like haha..
                  Coilovers, but only lowered like 1/2"...it's fixed now, DEFINITELY not like having a blown strut...

Comment

Working...
                  X