Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with blown shocks? How does it feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with blown shocks? How does it feel?

I think my front shocks are on their ways out...my car feels like it's riding on sandbags. If there's a dip, it feels like I just plopped into my seat...yea, I have to change my shocks, I know...and I'll search...but I just wanted people to share their experiences with blown shocks.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

bump bump bump...
    RETIRED...

Comment

Avoid potholes like the plauge.

Comment

i dented my fender with my tire after hitting a pot hole

Comment

hey bro, did you try pushing down on each corner of your car...this should give you a better idea

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Yeah...the rears are brand new; the fronts don't really bounce too much. But when I go over any kind of bump the front clunks hard, like I'm riding on the bumpstops (which I very well might be)...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

u should be able to tell just by bouncing on each corner a few times...if ur still wondering------>take off the struts and manualy compress them. if they stick, then blown! hope this helps
              My members ride thread

Comment

y rears are blown to shit and back....my car feels like jell-o and coilovers don't help much. Whenever you hit something your car will kinda fall into it (pothole) and then swerve away (kinda like it's crabwalking)....feels weird as fuk (WAF) and is annoying, but you get used to it.

Comment

it will bounce like a basketball being dribbled by a harlem globetrotter. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Ever been on a trampoline?
                    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Alright...so I'm guessing they're not at all blown. It's just riding stiffer cause of the cold weather. If anything, they don't bounce enough...it just kinda crashes (especially in front)...

Comment

That sucks.So your not gonna change the blown ones?
                        Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Originally posted by GREENCB3
                          That sucks.So your not gonna change the blown ones?
                          They're not blown, just "tired". I'm debating what to do as my front end needs some work, and inspections are coming up. I really need a right rear shock bushing and possibly a front upper ball joint anyway...eventually I'll probably get 6th gen V6 shocks...

Comment

Working...
                          X