how much drop??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much drop??

how much drop would be perfect to close up the wheel gap on a stock 1992 ex 4dr. im lookin at tokico shocks and need to know the best drop lenght with out the need of a camber kit and still closing the horrible wheel gap i have right now...

i have 17 inch rims with 205/40/80w tires
    from f22 to H22. still love the cb7.

super cup kit will do it for ya search it up doood

Comment

Doesnt he still need a Camber kit with SuperCup Kit ... Ive always heard thats a 2" drop and anything more than 1.5" drop needs camber correction ... ? Right .... I Dont know just askin seems what ive always heard on here ..
      -Sean- Noxidea
      Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

2" or more usually needs camber kit. I have a 2.5" drop but im not running a camber kit so im enjoying the negative camber wear while my tires last.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

2" drop = about -2 degrees camber. if you have good tires they wont wear to shit. as discussed a ZILLION freaking times before. camber kits ARENT needed. toe angle is what kills tires.

Comment

Camber kit is not required its the persons preference. Im just too lazy since im upgrading to fulll coil overs sometime soon. But i still do get wear on my insides so it does suck ass.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
              2" drop = about -2 degrees camber. if you have good tires they wont wear to shit. as discussed a ZILLION freaking times before. camber kits ARENT needed. toe angle is what kills tires.
              you are right about the negative camber not killing tires, but it is a question of not only camber, but also toe...a competent mechanic will be able to save your tires...also, 2" drop will give you about -1.5 degrees of camber, not 2 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                also, 2" drop will give you about -1.5 degrees of camber, not 2 degrees
                my 2.5" drop gave me around -2.7 degrees I have no camber kit installed but, my tires still have plenty of tread after like 15k miles and all i did was get it aligned.

Comment

just go with coilovershere, well worth it.
                  .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                    you are right about the negative camber not killing tires, but it is a question of not only camber, but also toe...a competent mechanic will be able to save your tires...also, 2" drop will give you about -1.5 degrees of camber, not 2 degrees
                    not my case. thus me saying ISH. every application is different.

Comment

I'm already at almost -1deg and I'm still on factory original shocks and springs.
                      It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by 93CB7
                        I'm already at almost -1deg and I'm still on factory original shocks and springs.
                        i remember you saying that before in a post somewheres.

my camber is sitting at: according to this alignment printout which i could be reading wrong: 1.7 front/1.3 rear with tein stech springs with OEM struts. i thought about kits but its not really worth it if you had 18's it would be understandable... but i never plan to use anything that size =\

Comment

RS*R Down Springs / Tokico Blues

1.7" (F) 1.1" (R)

Comment

if u really wanna close the wheel gap, i suggest u go w/ coil-overs. im runnin on 18's and have tein s-tech's. i have about 1-1,5 inch wheel gap. i wanna drop more so im plannin 2 get coil-overs in the near future. no matter how u drop, jus get your alignment fixed.
                            Raceline USA

Comment

my front is lowered 2" and my back 1.5......although i have the 2" spings to put in the back in the summer....and i'm running on 205/50/15's and ther'es HUGE gap everywhere......i know ideally should be running more like a 55 series tire, but should i lower it more or just get new tires later on that are larger, or do both? it doesn't even look lowered at all right now.....

Comment

Working...
                              X