Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh Oh...Isnt the wheel supposed to be attached to the hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh Oh...Isnt the wheel supposed to be attached to the hub?

Drivin out of my apartments today, my car started knocking and all of a sudden, the passenger side dropped and i couldnt steer. Shit. So i get out, pick up 3 sheared lug studs off the ground. wheels is GAUGED to living hell on the inside from it riding on the hub for about 7 feet. Hubs fine, rotors fine, calipers fine. all i need to know is, is it possible to just change out the lug studs? if so, that will make my life a whole lot cheaper. if i cant replace them im gunna do a 5 lug swap, so please, someone save me a couple bucks!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Originally posted by OnE eYe GuY
    Drivin out of my apartments today, my car started knocking and all of a sudden, the passenger side dropped and i couldnt steer. Shit. So i get out, pick up 3 sheared lug studs off the ground. wheels is GAUGED to living hell on the inside from it riding on the hub for about 7 feet. Hubs fine, rotors fine, calipers fine. all i need to know is, is it possible to just change out the lug studs? if so, that will make my life a whole lot cheaper. if i cant replace them im gunna do a 5 lug swap, so please, someone save me a couple bucks!
    yes you can replace them. its not all that hard. when i did mine i took off the whole knuckle (i don't know if this is necessary or not, its just the way i did it). then you can take a hammer and bang the studs out, and then put new ones in.

I remember i had to spin the rotor just right to get them out. its a job that your supposed to take the rotor off the hub to perform, but if your smart you can do it without. good luck

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Depending on the condition that its in you may have to heat it up. Just a lilbit if not then it will sieze then it will fall off and they your car will stop and youll see your wheel rolling off without you like homey what.

Comment

i appreciate the response, but none of that really means anything to me. spin the rotor and heat what up? im expecting to seperate the ball joints, take out the axle, flip the whole hub around and undo some bolts. if its any different i need to know. i got an awesome job relying on this tomorrow. please explain in a little more detail!

haha im an idiot i found it on the diy. it sounds really easy. dammit.
        Last edited by OnE eYe GuY; 01-30-2006, 07:12 AM.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

Originally posted by OnE eYe GuY
          i appreciate the response, but none of that really means anything to me. spin the rotor and heat what up? im expecting to seperate the ball joints, take out the axle, flip the whole hub around and undo some bolts. if its any different i need to know. i got an awesome job relying on this tomorrow. please explain in a little more detail!

haha im an idiot i found it on the diy. it sounds really easy. dammit.
          No. All you have to do is remove the caliper+caliper bracket, and I think you can either hammer or unscrew the lug nuts out. Trust me, it's like a 20 minute job tops. There's a link to a cool DIY somewhere on the site...

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

^^ yeah.. like that.. just take the caliper off.. position the stud so that when you hammer it out.. it'll come out the back..you'll have to rotate the rotor and look at the back off it.. you'll see the back of the studs.. thats where they should come out.. i think there is a DIY somewhere here.. well.. all you have to do is bang those studs out.. and then bang the new studs back in.. and then screw on a lug nut to set it in place..

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

im a noob and have been waiting a while to say this

SEARCH
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27523

the build and demise
              buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

Originally posted by HF22T
                im a noob and have been waiting a while to say this

SEARCH
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27523
                haha that was your chance to shiine!! haha good job.. thats the diy i was talking about.. but i think he found that already

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

too bad i just found out the hard way that they dont come out with a 5 lb sledgehammer, you have to use a propane torch. yea that turned out good, warped the wheel bearing or something. fucked. btw i found that thread shortly after posting this. look carefully at the last post on that diy.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

Working...
                  X