Strut ,Spring Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut ,Spring Question!

I have a 93 Honda Accord. i have the Kyb Struts and puting Eibach pro Fit springs on it. its only a 1.2 drop. but am wondering would it get my cambers off alot? i had before this some cheap springs 1-4drop coilovers and my tires wear gone really fast. and i mean fast.. they were very cheap. my car was bouncing all over the place. so now am puting the Eibach springs on.

U think this will help my tires from waring out so fast? or u think puting these springs and puting it up a little should help it for good?

and ya i got a aligment also and they said my cambers was off of spec so they really couldnt do much.

the eibach prokit wont drop you that much...a competent mechanic at the shop where you want to get an alignment should be able to "align-out" up to and including 2" of drop depending on the application..in reality, a combo of improper toe and camber wears out tires..when you think about just camber...then that is much like a motorcycle tire, being leaned over in turns, but they dont' prematurely wear out because of the lack of improper toe.
    i have the sportline drop with tokico shocks, and the guy at my shop told me that i could still get it aligned without a camber kit as long as it was less than 2" lower than stock..
    if you are worried about it, look into getting a camber kit, ingalls sells them.

Comment

our camber is not adjustable. but you can get away without a camber kit

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I've got the same springs on my 93 with Tokico Blue shocks and I went ahead and installed a camber kit (SPC Performance). The guy at the shop where I had it aligned said they couldn't adjust the camber because, as was said above, our camber is not adjustable from the factory. You could probably get away without the kit, but I wanted my camber to be correct (and adjustable).
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

camber is not the real killer of tires.....TOE is....get an alignment and you should be all set up to around 2-2.5in drop.....any more and a camber kit would def help tire wear.
          My members ride thread

Comment

ok well i dont know if people understood me or not. but am going to repeat and right it better. maybe i messed up. sorry . i wrote it really fast i had to go.

Ok. right now on my car i have Kyb Struts and some shitty 1 to 4 drop coilovers that made my car bounce all over the place. I have 18" ARD GT Rims with 215/35/18 Tires on it. I got an aligment done and still the same thing. first the car was going to one said and so it wouldnt ware so much they tired the best they could. the right front side was the one wearing like crazy. it was droped about 3inches..

So now am geting the Eibach pro kit springs and puting them on. so it will lift the car about 1.8 inches cuz the Eibach springs will only drop it 1.2 inches. So you think when i put these Springs on and get a new aligment that everything should be back to normal? since its only 1.2 and its not alot at all?

Also... what do you mean by improper toe?

Thanks again.
            Last edited by honda83; 01-10-2006, 08:30 PM.

Comment

CAMBER: REAR VIEW: /----\

Think of toe angle as being the same thing, just from a top view.

If the car was dropped 3" before, an alignment wouldnt save your tires. 3" drop with no camber kit is just asking to eat tires. A setup with big wheels/wide tires doesnt help either. The Prokit will help a significant amount, camber angles won't be near as extreme as they were.

Answer your question?

Comment

ok so you think lifting this car up and puting some good name brand springs and only droping it 1.2 inches would put my car maybe back to normal and wouldnt ware my tires the way it was? ok thats good then..

But with a 1.2 drop you think i will get alot of ware on my tires ? or u think they should just ride normal??

Sorry for asking alot of question. just want to get this settled...

Comment

With only a 1.2 ish inch drop tire wear shouldn't be a problem.

If you are so concerned about tire wear, buy some camber kits, and get some springs with a decent drop to them.
                  Last edited by Dv8; 01-10-2006, 09:32 PM.

Comment

1.2 is what i want because am puting the body kit on the car also. so its not a problem. its just with them coilovers the tire weared so fast. and it was mainly on the right front side. i can see the thread. it was to fast. but i think it should be ok now.

Thanks alot guys.....

Comment

well since we are on it. i do have 18" 7.5 i think ... ADR GT Rims. With this drop what you think is the best size tires?? the ones that wear on it was the 215/35zr18 tires.. but i was thinking maybe 225/35 18 or maybe 225/40/18??

I was thinking 225/40/18 so i can protect my rim a little more . cuz 225 would be a little more wider then the 215.. but with that. is it better to have ur tires smaller or wider when ur car is droped??? remember think only 1.2 inches not anything else...

Thanks people...

Comment

1.2" = barely a drop at all. I'd get your alignment checked out but honestly it's no biggie as long as your toe is correct. I've been dropped for about 10 months now like my sig, and my front end is fux0red...but I've had the tires on the rear since I got the car 30K miles ago with a decent amount of tread left. It's all about the toe.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

well since we are on it. i do have 18" 7.5 i think ... ADR GT Rims. With this drop what you think is the best size tires?? the ones that wear on it was the 215/35zr18 tires.. but i was thinking maybe 225/35 18 or maybe 225/40/18??

I was thinking 225/40/18 so i can protect my rim a little more . cuz 225 would be a little more wider then the 215.. but with that. is it better to have ur tires smaller or wider when ur car is droped??? remember think only 1.2 inches not anything else...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by honda83

Thanks!
                            might wanna try the search button in the wheels and tires section...also try looking at the members' ride section and see what size tire and drop people are running...just my opinion though
                            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Working...
                            X