No announcement yet.

Strut bars -which?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're right man. my bad. "strut bars" - i know what you mean. I get my searches confused by not being thurough enough sometimes. thanks for the heads up.

"you know what a neo-conservative is...it's someone who watches the matrix and believes it's real" - lewis black.

ohio cb7's #9

Comment

Quick question. I did search and find some answers. Most strut bars won't fit a H22 except the Cusco one. There are certain ebay ones that fit the h22. Anyone know specifically who on ebay sells the one that fit with a h22?

Comment

most ebay 2 point bars will fit over the h22 valve cover. its the 4 point bars that dont fit

Comment

i just got megan racing front upper and rear upper strut bars....wow. they are awesome and really make a difference along with your strut/springs. i am still saving up for some suspension techniques front/rear sway bars. anyone have experience with these?

Comment

ive got the ST rear sway bar and i love it it clunks sometimes tho. its kinda strange

Comment

I'm a bit concerned with those that have the front tightened up alot with strut tower bars and aftermarket sway bars. This should increase understear in our FF vehicles or should I say not help with the problem. With that said, how does that improve the ride? From what I understand the back needs to be tightend up to help with the understear problem.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

a word of advice... try not to cheap out on a front strut brace. if you're gonna swap to an h22, get a good 2 point brace as mentioned, like the megan racing or cusco. if you're stickin with the f22, grab the neuspeed 4 point, local cb7ers here swear by it. personally i cheaped out and just bought a ractive/egay one.. i definetly noticed a difference, but i'll be upgrading to a 4 point brace soon enough.
                1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
                [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

I have been happy with the Tenzo R Front and Rear strut braces and Tenzo R Lower Tie bar. I found those on www.optauto.com (Options Auto Salon) for less than $150 for all three. That site has some dope shit for our cars.
                  Taking over the world one drift at a time!

Comment

Is it hard to install the rear bar in the trunk? Would I simply remove the side panels to access the rear towers?

generic short-ram
                    generic strut tower bar
                    hid bulbs all around
                    amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Comment

If anyone wants to sell me their REAR one, then let me know.

I dont think, I'd drop that much for the 4 point. I'd be satisfied w/ the megan racing, but its hella expensive for just some struts.
                      hahahahah

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=430614

The front one, i'd get. I was reading somewhere on this forum (a while back ago) that our cars dont really need the rear ones b/c there is already a stock one on there. Something like...Its just for looks and it doesnt really hlep our cars...

-Lam

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                          ive got the ST rear sway bar and i love it it clunks sometimes tho. its kinda strange
                          Mine is fine.. except squeek sound from poly bushings..
                          1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                          2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                          3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                          4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                          5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Cusco!
                            1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                            2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                            3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                            4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                            5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                            X