Spring Rates??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Rates??

Just making sure I have this right but the higher the spring rate number the stiffer the springs are. I searched and just making sure this is the case.
    1991 Black Accord Coupe
    Sprint Lowering Springs
    Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
    Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
    17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
    TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Correct.
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Thats what I thought but just wanted to make sure. In the market for some springs with a softer spring rate seeing I dont have the money to get the Koni yellows that I should have gotten in the first place. So many things I want to do to the car but not enough money so springs instead of shocks isnt that bad of a trade off. Any suggestions of springs with a 2-2.5 inch drop and softer spring rate then the Neuspeed Race would be greatly appreciated.
      1991 Black Accord Coupe
      Sprint Lowering Springs

Comment

Sprint Blues will work best for what you want. H&R/Neuspeed Sports MIGHT work, but it's a crapshoot. I have Tanabe DF210s (very rare, very JDM...I might put them up for sale soon), and they drop 2.3" all around, and the spring rates are awesome. Basically perfect...and they ride nicely on stock shocks.

I think the highest you can go on stock shocks is ~350#/in in front and ~200#/in in the back. Keep in mind though your shocks work a lot harder in the summer so the ride will be a little more floaty...

I'm thinking of getting 400/275# Hypercoils on Koni Reds...a Koni rep said those rates would be fine for the Reds, and I can get the whole setup for ~$600 online. Maybe I'll just get Omnipowers...I dunno...

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Right now im looking at:
          Eibach sportlines (concerned with not droping the car enough)
          H&R Sports (same concern as the sportlines)
          Tanabe DF (dont know much about them and spring rates)
          Tein S-Tech ( good soft spring rates and a decent drop)
          Sprint (Good drop but not sure how stiff they will be)
          I know that a lot of you guys like a really stiff suspension, but im tired of the race springs cause of the stiffness and its just not comfortable to drive with the crappy roads I drive daily on. Looking for something that drops the car nicely but still gives a comfortable ride that people wont complain about.
          1991 Black Accord Coupe
          Sprint Lowering Springs

Comment

Originally posted by Sthrnba711
            Right now im looking at:
            Eibach sportlines (concerned with not droping the car enough)
            H&R Sports (same concern as the sportlines)
            Tanabe DF (dont know much about them and spring rates)
            Tein S-Tech ( good soft spring rates and a decent drop)
            Sprint (Good drop but not sure how stiff they will be)
            I know that a lot of you guys like a really stiff suspension, but im tired of the race springs cause of the stiffness and its just not comfortable to drive with the crappy roads I drive daily on. Looking for something that drops the car nicely but still gives a comfortable ride that people wont complain about.
            Sportlines- too stiff for stock shocks. Nice drop though.
            H&R Sports- good for stock shocks, but a crapshoot as far as the drop goes. I think the more worn your shocks are the lower it will be.
            Tanabe DF- Good for stock shocks, but the front is kinda high...and they're kind of expensive new.
            Tein S-Tech- good for stock shoocks, drop is OK, like H&R Sports...plus they're MAD JDM (not, they designed them for the American market)
            Sprint- good for stock shocks and good drop...

Also look into ST Speedtechs...they have them on www.inlinefour.com I think, and they're like $150 shipped. Nycexracer (maroon 92 4dr on gunmetal EXs, Type-R lip) has them...it's a nice drop. In any case good luck with whatever you choose.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Yeah now its decision time and time to spend some money. I already have the AGX's so i'll probably go with sprints or teins.
              1991 Black Accord Coupe
              Sprint Lowering Springs

Comment

Yeah now its decision time and time to spend some money. I already have the AGX's so i'll probably go with sprints or teins.
                i have heard the teins ride good. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Does anyone have any pics with the sportlines, tiens and the 2.5 sprints. Those look to be my best shot at a good drop and soft spring rates.
                  1991 Black Accord Coupe
                  Sprint Lowering Springs

Comment

Look up the springs brands in Members Rides...

Comment

I dont know but can anybody actually post some spring rates?!!

Canuck Motorsports accord 90-93 2.1" drop all around 265f 175r
                      tein s.tech 2" front 1.7" rear 250f 160r
                      tein h tech 1.5" front 1.1" rear 220f 150r
                      tein basic and ss 340f 280r
                      stock oem accord spring ??????????????????????????????????????????????
                      Eibach pro kit 1.2"F / 1.2"R ?????????????????????????????????????????????
                      Eibach sportlines 1.8"F / 1.7"R???????????????????????????????????????????? ?
                      Neuspeed sport 1.75"F/1.5"R????????????????????????????????????????????
                      Neuspeed race 2.2"F / 2.0"R???????????????????????????????????????????
                      sprint ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????
                      H&R sports 1.75"F/1.5"R ???????????????????????????????????????????
                      H&R race 2.2"F / 2.0"R ?????????????????????????????????????????????
                      Megan racing "orange" 2.0F/1.75R 450F & 250R
                      Last edited by labatt50; 01-12-2006, 02:24 PM.

Comment

i just add another one

Comment

The Megan "orange" springs are 2.0F/1.75R 450F & 250R.
                          Got it from there website. I know that some of the others are around in the spring section and Neuspeed and H&R basically have the same spring rates.
                          1991 Black Accord Coupe
                          Sprint Lowering Springs

Comment

The Megan "orange" springs are 2.0F/1.75R 450F & 250R.
                            Got it from there website. I know that some of the others are around in the spring section and Neuspeed and H&R basically have the same spring rates.
                            i also got the megan orange but it told me different spring rates and drop but since you got it from their website... i'll change it

Comment

Originally posted by labatt50
                              i also got the megan orange but it told me different spring rates and drop but since you got it from their website... i'll change it
                              What rates did yours say?

Comment

Working...
                              X