3in drop pros and cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3in drop pros and cons

i'm getting a 3in drop on stock wheels what is the pros and cons how is it up a driveway ramp
    我愛我的本田

Painful, that's all I've got to say expect to hate the way your car rides but love the way it looks. Learn to love moving 2 inch per minute over speed bumps and hearing your shit still scrape.

Comment

i want to go lower.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
        Painful, that's all I've got to say expect to hate the way your car rides but love the way it looks. Learn to love moving 2 inch per minute over speed bumps and hearing your shit still scrape.

ok then where can i get 2.50 drop springs
        我愛我的本田

Comment

Originally posted by charlie0882004
          ok then where can i get 2.50 drop springs
          omg, first find out what springs provide that drop. then search yourself. there is quite a bit of literature about the brands and the reviews of those brands on this site alone.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie0882004
            i'm getting a 3in drop on stock wheels what is the pros and cons how is it up a driveway ramp
            pros- it'll wear out YOUR suspension faster and coz premature tire wear

cons- you'll start another senseless thread just like your previous one:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=35566
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
              omg, first find out what springs provide that drop. then search yourself. there is quite a bit of literature about the brands and the reviews of those brands on this site alone.

omg, dude do u know
              我愛我的本田

Comment

sorry men i was just trying to be on the up and up with you i just want options so i can do it right the first time so u call me about the lights sorry should of said something
                我愛我的本田

Comment

bad= possibility of scraping is high (if u don;t know how to drive lowered vehicle), more stress of suspension components, possibility of damn mf cops busting your ass. good, looks sweet, handles better, better cornering, better acceleration especially at higher speeds, and of course the chicks lol jajaja
                  My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                    do you realize i have a wife, kids (both of whom are sick, one with pneumonia), and i have to work daylight to dark monday-saturday usually? i hate the phone dude, i tried to be nice but it's like a complete waste of time if you're gonna come on here and ask this question over and over.......i'll sell you the damn lights because i said i would and still for $250 shipped, one should be finished with a pic later tonight, but i had to get another reflector for one because it was the painted one and wouldn't come clean so a replacement is the only option.....they should all be done by friday still, accordinspire is sending the piece to me tomorrow, so they'll be done correctly and will look good, but don't call me anymore, i just don't like it and don't have the time or energy to chat with people like that.......i'll be glad to help you, but EMAIL or PM me PLEASE.......that way i can get to it on my own time........

if you want it to look great, get a 3" drop with a good combo (extreme/agx).....the ONLY negative there is the scraping we talked about......as far as stress, no shit, drive it hard it stresses it more, weigh 250lbs it will stress it more, etc..........you won't be as happy with the way it looks if you go with less than a 3" drop.....and then it will be too late or a lot more money to do what you should have done the first time
                    dag men i sorry for the call and your family take your time but thanks for being nice with the whole thing
                    我愛我的本田

Comment

Seattle, WA

Comment

Im dropped on Sprint Blues with stock shocks. I wouldnt recommend running stock shocks i would recommend getting an aftermarket. I will admit i scratch over speed bumps like a mother but i like how my car sits. The Ride is alright. Im planning to redo my suspension to Tein SS when i get to it. Oh yea and if you go that low i recommend a camber kit too.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Dude just get some Sprint Extremes and an alignment and live...

*feels bad for fizzbob*

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                            Dude just get some Sprint Extremes and an alignment and live...

*feels bad for fizzbob*
                            thats what i got^^^^ with NO CAMBER KIT
                            i want to go lower, but i dont feel like buying anymore front lips
                            heres my pros/cons on a 3in drop
                            PRO: i love my stance, very stiff, comfortable ride, car handles perfect.
                            CON: cant get a prefect alignment(only toe is set front/rear),car pulls left or right on some roadways, cant get on the lift at work, cant go over speed bumps(i can careless), i need 2 boards on each of my front wheels to jack it up ,im on my 5th front lip and i want to buy a carbon fiber lip

Comment

Working...
                            X