camber kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camber kit

ok, i installed my tokico illuminas and my eibach sportlines. its gonna be about a 2" drop. i also need to replace my ball joints front and rear. will i need a camber kit, and will having a camber kit affect the new ball joints?
    any help is greatly appreciated..

for a 2in. drop, its recommended. it'll save your tires from premature tire wear considering the tires you bought aren't cheap to begin with. the new ball joints will not be affected and will actually benefit from a camber kit, along with everything thing else suspension related.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
      for a 2in. drop, its recommended. it'll save your tires from premature tire wear considering the tires you bought aren't cheap to begin with. the new ball joints will not be affected and will actually benefit from a camber kit, along with everything thing else suspension related.
      thanks francis...about how much should i pay for one? i dont want to get ripped off

Comment

hey guys, will adjustable ball joints do the job of getting a camber kit and regular ball joints? or will i need to get a camber kit as well?

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
          it doesnt matter if you got new or used ball joints they are still going to be affected. think about it you, lower the car its going to put more stress on the ball joints.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
            it doesnt matter if you got new or used ball joints they are still going to be affected. think about it you, lower the car its going to put more stress on the ball joints.
            read the whole post.......anyways....

Comment

any ideas on how much a camber kit is going to cost me?

Comment

camber kits are bought by choice, not necessity. i assume they cost $90-150 for a reasonably priced one, but i have no idea, as i don't have a camber kit- never have, never will.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                  camber kits are bought by choice, not necessity...
                  What you mean they are bought by choice, not necessity??
                  Lowered any more than 1.3+ you will get camber wear.
                  Which in turns equals bad handling.
                  Our cars have a spec on Camber, and by lowering them we alter that spec.
                  Thats where the camber kit comes in to bring it back to stock Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                    read the whole post.......anyways....
                    coming form somebody that as a 3in drop ball joints are/will always be affected.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                      What you mean they are bought by choice, not necessity??
                      Lowered any more than 1.3+ you will get camber wear.
                      Which in turns equals bad handling.
                      Our cars have a spec on Camber, and by lowering them we alter that spec.
                      Thats where the camber kit comes in to bring it back to stock Spec.
                      i was on neuspeed sports with kyb gr2's, no camber kit.
                      i was on neuspeed sports with koni yellows, no camber kit.
                      i'm slammed on omni power coilovers, no camber kit.

i don't have camber wear, and i don't have bad handling. i understand that some people CHOOSE to run camber kits. but you are not required to, nor should one feel compelled to. it's simply a choice that i don't make.

it's been said once, and it'll be said here, it's not so much about camber, but about toe.

alignments are needed, but camber kits are not.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                        coming form somebody that as a 3in drop ball joints are/will always be affected.
                        omg, read my post, not francis's...he was answering my question the way i asked it...its not like he's wrong...

Comment

it's been said once, and it'll be said here, it's not so much about camber, but about toe.

You know thats a rare ocurrance, El.
                          I guarantee you that 95% or more of cars lowered usually
                          develop camber wear like a week or two of them installed.
                          Therefore, need a CAMBER KIT. Unless they got money for tires,
                          or wouldnt mind crappy handling...

Like you said, your toe has to be at 0 degrees, but remember that
                          all the other Red boxes on the screen arent there for decorations.
                          Im only lowered 1.6" and i already have hella camber wear in the front.
                          I think -3.3 degrees...now thats bad man, real bad.

My handling is not all that great.
                          I just did the toe (front/Rear) a couple days ago and only noticed
                          a bit of handling improvement.

I know Touge drivers got 'some' Negative camber.
                          But thats done on purpose, better handling on turns/corners.
                          They actually spend time researching their suspension in
                          order to come up with the specific negative camber.
                          I know thats great for a track setup, but not for regular everyday driving.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                            You know thats a rare ocurrance, El.
                            I guarantee you that 95% or more of cars lowered usually
                            develop camber wear like a week or two of them installed.
                            Therefore, need a CAMBER KIT. Unless they got money for tires,
                            or wouldnt mind crappy handling...

Like you said, your toe has to be at 0 degrees, but remember that
                            all the other Red boxes on the screen arent there for decorations.
                            Im only lowered 1.6" and i already have hella camber wear in the front.
                            I think -3.3 degrees...now thats bad man, real bad.

My handling is not all that great.
                            I just did the toe (front/Rear) a couple days ago and only noticed
                            a bit of handling improvement.

I know Touge drivers got 'some' Negative camber.
                            But thats done on purpose, better handling on turns/corners.
                            They actually spend time researching their suspension in
                            order to come up with the specific negative camber.
                            I know thats great for a track setup, but not for regular everyday driving.
                            i agree, and you dont have to argue el, i can understand where you are coming from, but i am getting a camber kit..
                            anyone have a reputable distributor for kits?

Comment

i was on neuspeed sports with kyb gr2's, no camber kit.
                              i was on neuspeed sports with koni yellows, no camber kit.
                              i'm slammed on omni power coilovers, no camber kit.

i don't have camber wear, and i don't have bad handling. i understand that some people CHOOSE to run camber kits. but you are not required to, nor should one feel compelled to. it's simply a choice that i don't make.

im going to side on el on this one. I DONT HAVE A CAMBER KIT. i did the washer trick in the rear(2 washers this isnt a camber kit) had the toe set in front/rear havent had a alignment since last year put on 18s from 17s and i dont have any camber wear. the only wear that i have is toe. from not getting it realign. a 3in drop needs a CAMBER KIT but its not recommend. i do alignments at my job so i know what im talking about. my car handles very well. if you have any questions ask 93accordexcoupe(travis) and he'll tell you how the car handles.

Comment

Working...
                              X