camber kit..not working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camber kit..not working...

ok so i finally got around to puttin on my camber kit....well its not working the tires are still cambered in well...they go back and forth the will be straight and then go back idk what to do....anyone? it also feels like since i put it on my tires are squealing when i barely turn and stuff.....i just dont know.....i havent got an alignment since ive done the camber cause its not off that bad...but i dont think that would help or would it? please someone help me out....i dont feel like going threw tires all the time..lol
    My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Get an alignment. It will take care of your problems.
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22
      Get an alignment. It will take care of your problems.

Yes, get an alignment. You can't do it at home unless you own the proper equipment. When a shop aligns your wheels, they take care of more than just camber. They also adjust toe, and caster. Just curious..what type of camber kit did you purchase?

Comment

ahh i think it got the progress one or somethign i actually traded a member on here for something soo i ddint really buy it...but i think its progress...or something like that i iwll look when i get home im at school now...

anyways soo ur sayin get an alignment and it should take care of my tires squealing the camber kit should work then and make them straight lol...and what not? how much does it run?
        My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

is it the anchor bolt, make sure they are torqued down hard w/ loktite.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by NoSloCB7
            Yes, get an alignment. You can't do it at home unless you own the proper equipment. When a shop aligns your wheels, they take care of more than just camber. They also adjust toe, and caster. Just curious..what type of camber kit did you purchase?
            yes and no on caster. i had a shop do my car cuz my jobs alignment rack inst low enough for my car anyway i told them if they can adjust caster and they said no adjustment cuz of shims, so they just left the caster alone.what you need is alignment and you should be good

Comment

u live in tampa, well so do i and i took mines to a local tire kingdom for an alignment after i had it dropped and the camber kit, and believe me the differense was amazing, it ran me like $100 but thats for a yr so i can go back whenever n have it done!

Comment

what's the point of getting a camber kit, getting it installed, only to not get an alignment?

you didn't fix the problem because you never got an alignment. don't make your problem more complicated than it needs to be.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                  what's the point of getting a camber kit, getting it installed, only to not get an alignment?

you didn't fix the problem because you never got an alignment. don't make your problem more complicated than it needs to be.
                  well for one...i didnt get the camber kit put on by a shop i do my own work....i dont have ppl do my work unless it needs to be done by machine or i dont know how to do it....lol wow u think id have someone put that on for me!!!! LOL and im not making anything complicated....im trying to fix my problems!!!
                  My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 92whiteaccord
                    well for one...i didnt get the camber kit put on by a shop i do my own work....i dont have ppl do my work unless it needs to be done by machine or i dont know how to do it....lol wow u think id have someone put that on for me!!!! LOL and im not making anything complicated....im trying to fix my problems!!!
                    most everyone here does thier own work, its not that special. but getting an alignment is just (or more) important than the camber kit itself. by fixing toe and caster, camber wear can be reduced immensley without even getting a camber kit in the first place.
                    -Mark-
                    CB7
                    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

yes....well i plan on going tomorrow and gettin it done....hopefully it will work out...like u guys say...thanks for all the feedback on the problem ill let u guy sknow how it goes....!!
                      My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X