rear lower strut bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear lower strut bar

has any put this on i tried very hard to do wit a socket wrench, i was to not to touch it, i will break the bolt, do u have to heat it up, u need a air gun or just some wd10, i not really tryin to pay to get it done , the sho says 1hr $85 m to much for justa bar, im tried of it bein in my room i just want it on

get some bolt breaker or wd40 and soak both sides of the bolt and nut.

then get the socket and then an extention and then a metal hammer and tap it a few times, maybe even wack it to get it loose

then soak it again.

then take your wrench and go for it...should come off...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

well if your car is ever exposed to snow most likely the bolt is pretty rusted up and will need some lubrication and elbow grease to get her loose. it generally doesn't matter now since our car are pushing their +13th birthday and will need a good dose of lubrication anyway. you should be able to do break it loose with a breaker bar. leverage is key. good luck!
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

wd40 leave on for 5min, put alot of elbo grease in. when u get the bolt out.....i would say either clean it off real well or replace it. everytime i remove a stock bolt i replace it....cheap insurance that u won;t have a bolt break. i also use antiseize b4 i reinstall.....works like a charm
        My members ride thread

Comment

spray the bolts with wd40 or pb blaster. hit the back of the bolt with a hammer to loosen it up then i i fyou can use a sir gun to loosen it up somemore and you should be good
          AKA:ONEOFFACCORD

Comment

ok wish me luck, how much is this breaker bar thing

Comment

not too expensive but you can always slide a long metal pipe over your wrench for more leverage. that's basically what the breaker bar is; a long wrench. however sometimes it doesn't always work. my friends used an exhaust pipe over a BREAKER BAR to break loose an axle nut. it was hilarious but it still wouldn't budge!
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

"liquid wrench" has got me out of a jam a few times.
                it works better than wd40 in my opinion.
                CB7 + H22A4 + M2S4 + JDM P13

www.vancouveraccords.com

Comment

Working...
                X