Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody know of a progressive spring with very little or no drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody know of a progressive spring with very little or no drop?

Thanks for reading this, and I've pretty much made up my mind that lowering is not for me. I drive through a lot of snow in the winters, and some pretty bumpy roads occasionally, too, so I need all the clearance I can get. But, my shocks are pretty worn and one of my springs is broken near the bottom, so I'm looking to replace all four shocks and springs. I'm thinking of going with KYB AGX's for shocks, and so far the best spring that is progressive but without much drop that I've found are the Neuspeed sofsports (.75 front and back). Has anyone seen a progressive spring with less of a drop than that? I would really appreciate knowing - thanks.

Honestly...I bet your car has sagged to more than a .75 drop over stock height. I have Neuspeed Sports and there are times I don't think I look lowered.

The Sofsports are good, but I bet you could even get away with the Eibach Pro-kit (1.3/1.3). However, there's debates about whether you might get some abnormal tire wear with those springs.

I'd say the Sofsports are worth the money. I'm very impressed with the nature of my spring.

Comment

I'd spend the extra money and get Tokico's spring/shock kit. You get the Tokico Blues and some matched springs that drop it like 1"...if your shocks are worn you should def. replace them.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by marsluna
        ... Has anyone seen a progressive spring with less of a drop than that? ...
        Less than 3/4 of an inch? No.

BTW you probably don't need as much clearance as you think: springs and shocks that are a little stiffer than stock, particularly worn out stock, will actually give you more clearance even though the initial ride height is lower. Think about it.

And there's another spring that advertises a .75" drop; I think it's H&R.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
        X