i need a camber kit now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need a camber kit now

well i only lowerd my car on stock struts that have 50k on them and with a 1.2'' eibach prokit drop. well took my tires off today, and the inner thread had wear, near the edge. im like fuk. its not bad but you can tell off a new tires that it sucks.

so yea i got to invest in a camber kit. i know its been said many times, but i just want to have a talk with you guys =) and wanting to know if i can install it myself.

...cost, time...., efficiency.

i always had camber issues even stock, every time i had a bit of inner wear.

...mainly it is just the fronts, i dont think the rears have any wear.

thanks fellas.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

of course you can install them yourself...but you will need an alignment pretty bad, lol
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

This is disappointing to hear --- my ProKits are going on this week and I was hoping to avoid the $$$ of getting a camber kit.

And also like you, I too have inner tire wear just on stock struts but I know my alignment is off on at least on one side (I have a broken spring.)

Inner tire wear or not, I'm hoping to replace the front end this winter before getting a camber kit.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

i got an alignment before hand, and always the camber is off just a bit, very little...but after time it just works its way in.

are the kits on ebay any good? can anyone show me
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
          i got an alignment before hand, and always the camber is off just a bit, very little...but after time it just works its way in.

are the kits on ebay any good? can anyone show me
          dont get the ebay ones, this was from ESR performance and they have lifetime warranty but i could have killed someone, lol

the progress imitation ones were good but the stud on top of the camber kit stripped...so that is what i got for 50 dollar kits.

i recently bought a sprint camber kit which is designed like the eibach or the one that will prevent banging. i have yet to receive them but they were 60 used.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

how about ingalls on ebay?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i have a set of ingalls bought from ebay. very choice in my opinion. quality is excellent and fitment is second to none. bushings are good too. as for installation, it is very easy. just remove the mounting nuts (2 per side) inside the engine bay atop of the shock towers and swing over the arm to remove the anchor pivots. then replace with the camber kit and adjust as necessary. of course have a jack or stand under the suspension to catch it as you remove the upper arm.

if you can replace your springs and shocks, you can install a camber kit. i have a set for sale but they are made by sprint as you saw in my for sale thread. ygpm.
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

anyone know anything about this kit?
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SRE-F...spagenameZWDVW
                -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

hows about sprint?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

wow thats scary to see where it broke, I have the same style on mine but they are generic ones. been good so far knock on wood. I am upgrading my camber correction probably to balljoint style because my balljoint is bad already and the adjustable balljoint will put the arm at a more oem like angle.

Wed3k...what were you lowered on???

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                      hows about sprint?
                      ive ordered a set, ill let you know how they are
                      i am lowered on H&R race...
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

I need a camber kit pretty badly too...

I don't get how the no-name ones were designed...it's such an easy fix to make them break proof. All they had to do was make the bolt connecting to the mount point on the body go deeper into the camber kit.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                          I need a camber kit pretty badly too...

I don't get how the no-name ones were designed...it's such an easy fix to make them break proof. All they had to do was make the bolt connecting to the mount point on the body go deeper into the camber kit.

hey glory, im trying PM u, clean up your inbox i got something u may need!!!!

Comment

Cleared out dude, lemme know what you got and how much you're selling it for...

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i would say go with spc balljoints. ive used the ingalls also, and these are easier to adjust and apparently have better clearance.

how long have you been on those tires since the prokit was installed? im at about -1 all around and i dont have any tirewear.

when was the last time you had an alignment... maybe your toe was off.

Comment

Working...
                              X