Wheel Spacer for OEM EX wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Spacer for OEM EX wheels?

If I want a wider stance for the car what would be the best thickness of the spacer (5mm,15mm,25mm)? For the oem ex wheels.

Is this a legit question or am I stupid

Anyway some answer please.

ask uncle el, he has em

are u still coming to the meet?

Comment

You're not the only one who's thought about this

El would be the person to ask about this though.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
        ask uncle el, he has em

I was so sure about 3 days ago, but somthing came up , but I might be able to avoid it . I really really want to go though so I show of the goodies on my CB, plus this would be my first meet.

Anyway thanks for the reponse guys, I'll ask Uncle El.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          ask uncle el, he has em

i don't run oem wheels though.

i use 5 mm spacers, timmy0tool runs 10mm spacers. while spacers push the wheels out from the body, i wouldn't necessarily call the stance any wider, as you don't change anything about the wheels or tires... but i guess it is "wider" in the sense that the wheels are further out than they were previously.

with stock wheel studs, 5 mm is safe, 10 mm is pushing it, 15mm spacers would likely be impossible, and 25 mm would be something i wouldn't even think of! the larger the spacer is, the less room/turns you have to torque your lug nuts down.

to use 15mm and 25mm spacers, you'd have to get extended wheel studs. and they're (extended wheel studs) even a consideration with 10mm spacers.

the inherited risk of using spacers is that your lug nuts are not on as tight/as many turns/torqued down the same amount as when you were not using spacers.

overall, in my mind at least, the use of spacers is more aesthetic or avoiding complications/problem solving than it is about performance. i use the spacers to push the wheels (15 x 7, +38 offset) out and away from the body, as i think it looks better. timmy0tool is using the spacers because his wheels (16 x 8, +50 offset) will simply not fit on without hitting the suspension components.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

aw man, only someone like you can answer in such a professional manner with such a great knowledge. Really apreciate your response. Thank you .

Comment

Originally posted by pocb7
              If I want a wider stance for the car what would be the best thickness of the spacer (5mm,15mm,25mm)? For the oem ex wheels.

Is this a legit question or am I stupid
              like el said, it can be done. but i'd rather get wider wheels to begin with for a wider stance. it will handle better than pushing out the OEM wheels w/ spacers and obviously look better too.
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

uncle_el owns! haha

but in all seriousness, if you had to add spacers i would add a 5mm at the most. the stock studs are very short. i'm utterly scared everytime i corner with a pair of 10mm spacers on my rear wheels . i need to get adapters...25mm anyone? LOL
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I never realized el was on spacers! I thought about this myself... a slightly wider stance would help cornering, I would think. Now, when I got my 7.5" wide wheels, negative camber was a definite issue. What is currently less than half a degree on my OEM wheels was a tire-destroying number with the wider Falkens. With the use of spacers, will that change the geometry enough to make camber an issue? (use of a camber kit caused even more problems, and I elected to remove the kit and run the OEM wheels... but that's for another thread.)

Comment

Deev- check the toe. _el doesn't run camber kits and from what I know doesn't munch through tires. My rears are dropped like my fronts, but I haven't got an alignment (I need a new front UCA...) and the rears have been good for about a year/10k miles, while the fronts are 5k in and well on their way out from inside wear. The fronts also have a lot more camber than the rears but I know for a fact my toe is messed up...

Cliff notes: toe>>>camber

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                    X