strut problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strut problem

hey ppl my friend installed my kyb agx's and neuspeed race spring on my car and after about 8 hours driving on them the back started to make an unbearable banging noise everytime i go over any kind of road imperfection. what could be the problem? can the spring plate get messed up from a drop or no? can it be that he just forgot a washer in the top mount assembly?
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Originally posted by prodigymb
    hey ppl my friend installed my kyb agx's and neuspeed race spring on my car and after about 8 hours driving on them the back started to make an unbearable banging noise everytime i go over any kind of road imperfection. what could be the problem? can the spring plate get messed up from a drop or no? can it be that he just forgot a washer in the top mount assembly?
    i'd check to make sure all the nuts are tight. check the top 2 nuts in the rear and make sure they are snug. also, jack up the rear and make sure it was installed correctly. lol if it were me and there was an unbearable noise i would take the whole thing apart again and reinstal it making sure everything is tight. lmao i have taken apart my suspension more times than i can count. real easy just the back should only take u 1 hour tops. he could have forgot something in the top mount assembly yes! tear the thing apart and find out! good luck to ya!
    My members ride thread

Comment

did you trim your bumpstops? it shouldn't make banging noises but it could be another problem. it can also be the dust boot not sitting correctly. i get clucks here and there but only from hard bumps. make sure that the spring is sitting on the upper perch correctly too. since the neuspeed race springs are shorter than stock, they can jump out of the perch as you raise and lower the car from the ground. good luck!
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

try tightening the top nut, happened to my dad's camry and it was hella loud
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
        X