Someone take my Ground Controls!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone take my Ground Controls!!

I'm getting really irritated with my suspension! So I tried to give the GC's the benefit of the doubt and attempted to raise the rear while I was swapping in my new Prelude rims I just got (thanks, Burrr!). I went up four turns on both sides and then took it for a test drive. I couldn't believe how shitty the ride was! It was incredibly bouncy and STILL was bottoming out! I seriously can't understand what the hell is going on here, especially since so many of you swear by these things. I had GC's on my SE-R a couple years ago, and really loved them also, but they're just a pain in the ass on the Accord. Burrr has some H&R race on his CB7 that he said he would be willing to swap, but I'm concerned if that's still going to be too low. If there's anyone out there that has some H&R sports that would be willing to swap for my GCs, I'd be more than happy to. I'm too old for this...

Help a brother out...

This is with Tokico blues in the rear...

what are the spring rates
    For Sale:
    itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
    tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

Dang this sucks for you man! Frustration is...so hard. Anyways I just want to say HAHA! You get what you pay for! ;-) j/p.
      Hey I have stock springs sitting around. You want them? I could ship them to you for shipping plus $30.

- Zipcreature
      Last edited by zipcreature; 10-03-2005, 12:28 AM.
      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

azian21485,

Don't know the spring rates on them. Is it somewhere on the spring?

zipcreature,
        Thanks for the offer on the stock springs, but I want a small drop on the car. Oh, and you're a jerk...

Comment

Originally posted by 92wH22
          azian21485,

Don't know the spring rates on them. Is it somewhere on the spring?

zipcreature,
          Thanks for the offer on the stock springs, but I want a small drop on the car. Oh, and you're a jerk...
          should be somewhere on the spring saying like 800.250.300 or something similar....my guess is they sent you spring rates for tokiko illuminas rather than tokiko blues...thus why your shocks can't dampen the springs
          For Sale:
          itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
          tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

Originally posted by azian21485
            should be somewhere on the spring saying like 800.250.300 or something similar....my guess is they sent you spring rates for tokiko illuminas rather than tokiko blues...thus why your shocks can't dampen the springs
            I wouldn't know, because I bought the car with this setup already. I messed up and forgot to check the spring rates while I was adjusting them. Either way, I went out and bought some AGXs I was gonna put on there, but I don't even want to bother trying anymore. Nonetheless, I'll check those spring rates and see if that may be the problem.

Thanks for the help,
            Gino

Comment

Originally posted by 92wH22
              but I'm concerned if that's still going to be too low.
              Help a brother out...

This is with Tokico blues in the rear...
              there is no such thing as too low!!!!!!! how u can u be scraping that bad unless u r raking it. (front is wicked low while back is high) i don't even scrape that bad and i am dropped 4+in on gr-2's lol. well i hope it all works out for ya. if all else fails just get rid of springs all together lol.
              My members ride thread

Comment

Did you tighten up your spindle lock?? Because thats what happen to me I lowered my car dumped and had a shitty ride but when i raised it up and adjust it right and lock the spindle everything was fine.
                "form follows function."
                Louis Sullivan

Comment

its cuz you dont have good struts up front and thats were it matters for the driver have some else drive and take a ride in the trunk were the tokicos are i bet it will be soo much better
                  www.2camcrew.com

Comment

I'm tucking stock tires in the rear on my wagon and my exhaust hangs to far down and I don't scrape or bottom out......

Comment

I'm not having any problems with scraping, especially now that I went up four turns. After driving around today, the back didn't feel TOO bad, but it's still bottoming out on fairly uneven roads (which come around often on L.A's freeways). And this is with no one in the back! This is what is really bothering me. These tokicos are only about 7 months old, so I'm sure that isn't the problem. I'll take a picture tomorrow of how the car sits out back, although the car looks pretty crappy since I wasn't able to raise up the front because I didn't realize that I need to compress the front springs to raise them up. LIke I said, I'm thinking I should just end my problems and go with some H&Rs.

And I made sure that the spindle locks were nice and tight. How would these being loose affect the ride? From it shifting or something?

Comment

Working...
                      X